Note: the Basecamp integration only works with Basecamp Classic. Those using the current version of Basecamp will not be able to use this feature in FreshBooks.
A new way to collaborate on projects
Basecamp is a clean and simple way to collaborate with your team, and manage your projects. Connect Basecamp to your FreshBooks account and use FreshBooks timesheets to keep track of your projects, or create FreshBooks invoices directly from your completed Basecamp projects.
How it works
There are two options with the Basecamp integration. If you’re already tracking time to your projects in Basecamp, you can pull your projects and time entries directly into an invoice, set your rates and send your invoice off to your clients. Or, if you’re looking to take advantage of the time tracking features in FreshBooks, you can pull your projects and tasks into FreshBooks and use the FreshBooks time tracker as you work on your projects.
Basecamp - summed up
Basecamp is great for teams looking for a new approach to project collaboration. Share files, meet deadlines, assign tasks, centralize feedback, and make your clients smile. Basecamp tackles project management from an entirely different angle: A focus on communication and collaboration. Basecamp allows your team to effectively communicate the work they’ve been doing, and helps keep your clients in the loop.
What other FreshBooks add-ons does it connect to?
Basecamp also integrates with Tick.
Click on the Get Started button above to signup for a Basecamp account. There’s a free plan for you to try it out! Once you’ve setup your account, you can activate the integration by taking the following steps:
- Login to your FreshBooks account.
- Click on the My Account link in the top right corner.
- Click on the Basecamp section.
- Check off the enabled box.
- Enter your Basecamp API token, URL and click on the save button.
You should now be setup to create invoices and track time for your Basecamp projects, from FreshBooks.
Where do I find my API information in Basecamp?
Before you can access your Basecamp account using FreshBooks you must enable the Basecamp API by following these steps:
- Log in to your Basecamp account.
- From your dashboard select your “Account” page.
- Scroll down to “Basecamp API” and follow the steps to enable your account.
- Lastly, obtain your API Token by clicking “My info” (top-right).
How do I create invoices from Basecamp projects?
You can create invoices from Basecamp projects. If you track time in Basecamp, your invoice will include all of your Basecamp time tracking hours. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the Invoices tab in FreshBooks.
- Click on the New Invoice button.
- On the right side, click on the Generate Invoice From dropdown and select Basecamp Project.
- Select your Basecamp project, date range and invoice format.
- Click on the Create Invoice button.
How do I import Basecamp projects in order to track time in FreshBooks?
To manage your projects in Basecamp and track time in FreshBooks, you’ll want to go to My Account in the top right corner of your screen. From there, click on the Basecamp tab and proceed with steps 2-4. This will allow you to input your Basecamp contacts and indicate if they are staff or clients for use in FreshBooks. Then, one at a time, input your projects and assign staff. From then on, your Basecamp to-dos will synch up as FreshBooks tasks in real time for the lifetime of your project.