Make getting paid easier with Stripe
FreshBooks is always looking for ways to make running your small business easier—and a big part of that is helping you get paid faster.
If you haven’t heard of Stripe they’re making big waves in the online payment world, making it simpler than ever before for businesses to collect payments online. They’re also one of FreshBooks’ featured payment gateways.
Stripe is available to businesses in the US (USD), Canada (CAD/USD), and the UK (GPB/EUR/USD). You can accept payments in these currencies from anywhere in the world though – so long as your customers are paying you with a major branded credit card.
Here are a few ways Stripe is streamlining the way you collect payments:
1) With Stripe, there’s no need for a merchant account. This means you can get set up and start collecting payments in minutes.
2) Stripe takes care of everything involved in the process: you can process one-time credit card transactions or set your clients up on recurring automatic billing. Your earnings are directly transferred to your bank account on a 7-day rolling basis.
3) Stripe’s pricing is straightforward and transaction-based. This means you only pay Stripe when you make money. Pricing is set at a competitive 2.9% and $0.30 per successful transaction for Canadian and US businesses. Pricing is set at 2.4% and 24c in the UK and Ireland. No set up fees. No hidden fees.
4) Your clients never have to leave FreshBooks to pay you. Clients view their invoice online, click to pay, enter their credit card information and they’re done. It’s that simple.
You can set up a Stripe account directly from your FreshBooks account. Here’s how:
- Log into your FreshBooks account.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ link in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the ‘Online Payments’ tab.
- Check the box beside Stripe.
- Click the blue ‘Connect with Stripe’ button.
- Enter your details to sign up for a Stripe Account.
- Click ‘Authorize Access’ to this Account when finished.
- You will be redirected back to FreshBooks and your Stripe account will be enabled. You are now ready to accept credit card payments online. When your client views an invoice they should see a ‘Pay Now’ button which will allow them to enter the credit card details.
To see a full listing of the payment gateways that FreshBooks integrates with, click here.