10 Easy to Use Logo Creator Tools for Non-Designers
Regardless of how small or new your business is, creating a logo is essential to making you look professional—a key ingredient to earning business. You’ll need one for your website header, online profiles, business cards, stationary, and any other marketing presence or collateral you create. If you’re not a designer, you won’t want to invest in expensive design software and then spend time learning how to use the software, as well as the rules of design, just to create one logo. Fortunately, there has been a rise in free logo creators that allow you to make a logo on the spot – no software downloads or design education needed. Keep in mind, most designers will advise you to steer clear of such tools, since you might not create the best possible logo. You could also end up making a logo that looks similar to other business owners using the same tool. But if you can’t afford a professional designer, you’re still better off creating a logo than having no logo at all. Many businesses change their logo as they evolve, so the first logo you create doesn’t have to stick with you forever. So without further ado, lets test drive some popular free logo creators and see how they compare in features, ease of use and results. **Squarespace Logo** Squarespace Logo is a free logo maker by the same people who make the Squarespace CMS platform. Their logo designer is simple – you start by entering your name or business name. On the next screen, you will get the option to add a tagline and icon. You can click on the text to change the font style, size, and color, or position. You can click on the icon to change the size, color (fill and border), and position. When you save your logo, you will get to choose from a free, 400x400 low-resolution logo with a watermark or a 5000x5000 high-resolution logo with no watermark for $10. If you’re a Squarespace user, the logo is free. The final, free result: **Likes**
- It takes less than five minutes to design your logo.
- The final design is a PNG file with a transparent background, which means you can place it on any other background without having a white square / rectangular background to modify later.
- You can preview your logo on a white business card or black computer screen while working on your logo.
- You have to search using the right keywords to find additional icons beyond the default ones displayed.
- If you want the high-resolution version with no watermark and don’t have a Squarespace account, it’s not free.
- You can’t save your logo design to work on later – once you’ve downloaded it and left the site, you would have to start the design over againif you wanted to change it in any way..
- More options to choose from in terms of fonts, effects, and especially symbols.
- You can preview your logo on a business card, t-shirt, coffee mug, sign, and smartphone case, all of which you can design and purchase through the same website.
- The free version you can download is pretty bad in terms of size, format, and pixilation. The one you can snag off the website is better, but this is something you may not be able to do down the road.
- You can’t edit your logo later without making a purchase, even if you sign up for an account.
- If you do choose to buy your logo, you will have to give them your contact information, including phone number. In the fine print, it gives LogoGarden and its affiliates the right to use “automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded call” to contact you about more services they offer. It says you don’t have to give consent to this, but there’s also no opt-out option on the purchase form. You have to opt-out later.
- The logo graphics are much more professional than earlier reviewed services, and the logo itself is of higher quality overall.
- You have the option to buy the logo graphic that you used with your logo to ensure you will be the last person to use it.
- There’s no way to actually get a free logo from this service. You only get to design you logo for free.
- LogoYes – Allows you to design a logo for free and download a high-resolution version for $0.99. Also signs you up for their website building services, which are free for the first year, and $9.95 per month thereafter. You can cancel before the year is up to avoid additional charges.
- LogoMaker – Allows you to design a logo and use it on your website for free using their HTML code. Logos for use on business cards and other materials are $49 each.
- DesignMantic – Allows you to design a logo for free and download a high-resolution version for $29.
- LogoTypeMaker - Allows you to design a logo for free and download a high-resolution version for $25.
- VistaPrint Logo Maker – Allows you to design a free logo to use with their business products.
- Tweak.com - Allows you to design a logo for free and download different resolutions starting at €4.95.
- Zillion Designs – Allows you to design a logo for free and download EPS, JPG, and PNG for free in exchange for mentioning Zillion Designs on your blog or website.
- Login to your FreshBooks account (Or get your free trial started)
- Click on the “People” tab
- Click on the “Staff and Contractors” tab underneath
- Click on the link “Find freelances who can help you with your Projects”
- You’ll find tons of great designers in the “Design and Multimedia” category
blog comments powered by Disqus