The answer to this question is Yes and No as it’s dependent on the PayPal account type that you have.
FreshBooks currently integrates with 3 PayPal account types:
- Standard (includes 3 tiers, see below)
- **Payflow Pro -** **No**, your client does not require a PayPal account to pay your invoice
- **Website Payments Pro - No**, your client does not require a PayPal account to pay your invoice
The 3 tiers of PayPal Standard:
- **Personal - Yes**, your client requires a PayPal account to pay your invoice
- **Business -** **No**, your client does not require a PayPal account to pay your invoice
- **Premiere** - **No**, your client does not require a PayPal account to pay your invoice
**Note**: While your client is able to pay your invoices with a credit card, PayPal may limit the number of times a credit card can be used before they require your client to sign up for a PayPal account. This is PayPal’s Guest Checkout limit and if you have questions regarding these limits, please contact PayPal’s customer support
and they will gladly help you out.
Log into PayPal to check your account type here:
#### PayPal Business Payments
If you and your client are located in the United States and your invoice is for under $10,000USD, you can use PayPal Business Payments
. If you have a PayPal account and fit this criteria this option is automatically available to you. This feature will require your client to have a PayPal account, but you will be charged a $0.50 flat fee rather than the normal percentage of invoice fee.
**Important:** Please note that any goods or services sold on an invoice using FreshBooks are not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. To learn more about PayPal Seller Protection, please follow this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/seller-protection-faq