How do I send late payment notifications?
Even the most reliable clients can sometimes forget about the occasional invoice. Setting up late invoice reminders in your FreshBooks system lets you gently (or harshly!) remind them about unpaid invoices without lifting a finger.
- In your FreshBooks account, click on your Settings link at the top-right of the screen.
- In the sub-navigation, click on the Emails link.
- Click on the Late payment reminders edit link.
- You can configure up to three different late notices at intervals of your choosing. Be sure to put a check in the checkbox to turn it on, and set how many days following the invoice date you would like the notification to go out.
- Don’t forget to click Save when you’re done.
- Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight.
How can I send late invoice notifications immediately?
You can send a note to your client by editing the invoice under the “Invoices” tab, then click on “Send by Email”, you can then edit the subject and the email body to your liking. How can I change late invoice notifications per client? To not send late payment notifications or assign late payment fees to a client, simply follow these steps:
- Click the client tab
- Select the client you wish to not send notifications to
- Click ‘edit’
- Under their Organization name, click the little grey bubble that says “Reminders”
- Uncheck “Send reminder emails to this client”
- Click Save
Still Need Help?If you can’t find the answers to your question, feel free to contact our awesome support team.