Customer Ratings and Reviews Explained
So what does this feature do?
The customer review feature allows you to ask your clients to rate and review their experience with you after work has been completed. Clients are presented with the option of rating your experience out of ten along with adding any comments and feedback in a text box below. You can then easily share these reviews on Facebook or with other potential customers via email.
We will always ask you if you would like to send out a review request, and will alert you by email anytime a review is received. Check out the bottom of this post to see common questions about this feature.
How reviews are triggered and submitted
There are two ways in which reviews are triggered and submitted
1. When online payment in enabled If your clients pay your invoices online, after you send the invoice via email we will ask if you would like to request a review.
After they pay the invoice we will prompt them with the chance to rate their experience.
2. After manually entering a payment If your clients do not pay you online, we will ask you if you would like to send out a review request via email after you manually enter a payment on an invoice. This is a separate email from any invoice or payment notifications that may be sent.
If you choose to request a review, you can customize the email sent to your client
The client then clicks on a link in the email, and are taken directly to a page to submit their review.
**How reviews are shared by your client
- After a positive review (9 or above) the client will have the option to introduce you to someone they know
- They can customize the message and you will automatically be cc’d on the email
- After the email is sent a thank you message will appear with a share button, allowing the user to post to Facebook (optional).
How to share and view your ratings and reviews.
- You can view your recent ratings and reviews on the home page
- You can also see reviews directly on a clients profile (towards the bottom). Clicking on numbered rating brings up the review.
- You can post these reviews to Facebook as the business owner, or email someone you know directly here.
Will I be notified if my client reviews me? We will send the administrator an email as soon as a customer submits a review.
How do I disable customer reviews? You can disable customer reviews as the admin by going to settings (top right) -> misc tab -> general section -> un-check “Request reviews from clients”
Can I ask for multiple reviews from the same client? Once you have sent a request for a customer review, we will not ask you to send them a request again for another six months. This helps prevent you from sending too many requests to a client, and also from having to manually keep track of recent requests.
What if I click on “Not Now” for requesting a review from a client? We will not send your customer the chance to review you. However, we will still give you the option to send out a review on your next invoice for them.
Can my staff also request reviews from a client? At this time, only the administrator of the account can request reviews from a client.
Can I send reviews from the Android or iOS app? Ratings and reviews are currently unavailable via the mobile apps, but you can use the browser on your mobile device to log into your FreshBooks account and send out reviews from there.
Still Need Help?If you can’t find the answers to your question, feel free to contact our awesome support team.