Stripe provides a simple and easy way to get paid online. With Stripe there is no need for a merchant account. This means that you can get set up and start collecting payments in minutes. Stripe takes care of everything including storing your client’s credit card numbers, handling subscription-based billing, and payouts to your bank.
How it Works with FreshBooks
The experience for your customer is completely seamless. They can pay you within the FreshBooks environment using their credit cards without ever being redirected to another site.
How to Get Started
- Log into your FreshBooks account
- Click on Settings in the top right corner of your screen
- Click on the Accept Credit Cards sub-tab
- Click the Activate Stripe link next to the Stripe section
- Enter your details to sign up for a Stripe Account. If you already have an account, click the Sign in link in the top-right corner
- Click on the Authorize access to this account button when finished
- You will be redirected back to FreshBooks and your Stripe account will be enabled. You are now ready to accept credit card payments online
- On the Invoice, ensure that Stripe is checked off as an Online Payment option before you send it (or edit it)
- When your client views an invoice they should see a Pay Now button which will allow them to enter the credit card details.