Halloween Costume Contest ’13: Vote for Your Favorite!
October 31, 2013
Want to get in on the action in 2014? Check out FreshBooks’ Freshoween Contest details here.
Update: Richard and Lisa have won our 2013 Halloween Costume Contest for their awe-inspiring rendition of Gravity. And a big congrats also goes to Steven for winning our random draw of comments and tweets. Thanks to everyone for sending in your votes, see you next year!
It’s Halloween and we’ve gone a little wacky here at FreshBooks.
The costume that receives the most votes will win a gift card. You win too: By casting your vote you will be automatically entered to win these cool $200 Beats by Dr. Dre headphones (one vote per voting method per person please)!
You can vote by leaving us a comment below telling us which costume you love (or fear) most. Want to stuff the ballot box? You get an extra vote (and an extra entry to win!) if you tweet your vote too, using the hashtag #Freshoween! Just tell us the costume you’re voting for with the hashtag and a link back to the blog post. Easy!
You can vote anytime from right this very moment till 4pm EST tomorrow, Friday. The winners will be announced a few minutes after voting ends. If you don’t want to sign in to the comments section to vote, simply head over to twitter.
1. Sherwyn and Joelle as Peter Pan and TinkerBell
Forever young, we want to be forever young.
2. Rob as Miley Cyrus-Wrecking Ball Edition
Rob came in like a wrecking ball, but he will always want you.
3. Taylor as Walter White
Underwear edition (Breaking Bad) Making meth in Arizona gets HOT!
4. Zoë as Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)
“The bell jar hung, suspended, a few feet above my head. I was open to the circulating air.”
5. Danni as Agnes (Despicable Me)
“Does this count as annoying? *blop blop blop blop*” “He’s so fluffy I’m gonna die!!”
6. Tim as Sharknado
It’s raining sharks.
7. Grace as Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
“It’s time Ursula took matters into her *own* tentacles!”
8. Steve as Brain on Jeopardy (Animaniacs)
Pinky: Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight? Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky – try to take over the world!
9. Jaclyn as Krampus
“Merry Krampus” or “Gruß vom Krampus.”
10. Chris as John Hammond and Dinos (Jurassic Park)
Eccentric billionaire John Hammond introducing his bite-sized dinos to the world. Welcome…. to JURASSIC PARK!
11. Matt as Flower Pot
If April showers bring May flowers, what do Matt flowers bring?
12. Nora as Wizard
I am pretty much just a wizard, I found this costume in the children’s section of Value Village for $5. It smells kind of weird though.
13. Justin and Marguerite as Pink and Blue Yip-Yip Martians (Sesame Street)
Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip, uh huh, uh huh…
14. Adam as Steel Panther
Death to all but metal!
15. Jillian as Miss Piggy (The Muppets)
Miss Piggy affectionately carries her picture of Kermit around everywhere.
16. Himali and Mango as Alfalfa and Pete the Pup (The Little Rascals)
Always on the lookout for shenanigans.
17. Jesse as Mork (Mork & Mindy)
18. Ramin as Elliot and E.T.
Mobile product manager Ramin occasionally needs to phone home with his friendly neighboorhood alien, E.T.
19. Thomas as Purple Tentacle (Day of the Tentacle)
“I feel like I could… like I could… like I could… take on the world!”
20. Alex as The Fly
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. Alex loves bananas.
21. Matthew as The Mighty Thor (Marvel Comics)
These are my actual arms. Oh god. Please help. It hurts.
22. Donald as Drunk Uncle (Saturday Night Live)
“Kids don’t even care about Halloween anymore…all they care about is ‘Is this twerking gluten-free?'”
23. Mich as Rob Ford (Mayor of Toronto)
Only Rob gets to have a giant crack pipe.
24. Melina and Jonathan as Ellie Sattler and Alan Grant (Jurassic Park)
Jurassic Park is not the only thing frightening in the dark.
25. Faraz as Duffman (The Simpsons)
Duffman keeping it Fresh!
26. Eduardo as Hervias Prime
Eduardo makes his FreshBooks Halloween debut with Hervias Prime! Be sure to vote for this fan favourite which has special tweaks that truly makes this costume more than meets the eye…
27. Thais as Velma (Scooby-Doo)
As usual the brains of the operation.
28. Tim as Shower & Curtain
Tim puts the fresh in FreshBooks.
29. Max as Phillip J. Fry (Futurama)
Welcome to the world of Tomorrow! Here’s the universe’s most loveable delivery boy: Fry!
30. Lindsay, Matt and Barb as a Valkyrie, Thor and Thorella
BUY ODIN’S BEER!
31. Ailsa as Hipster Mario
“She’s in another castle – you’ve probably never heard of it.”
32. Levi as Norman Bates’ Mother
Bates Hotel will never be the same.
33. Ian as Ghost (Scream)
Honestly if Ian catches anyone still keeping their receipts in a shoe box, he’s going to scream.
34. Brian as That Guy
“Don’t be that guy…cuz I’m that guy! I’m the bro you wanna know, yo.”
35. Amanda as The Fox (“The Fox”, by Ylvis)
What does the fox say? Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
36. Greg as Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
“Hello, McFly!” Greg is breaking the space-time continuum going Back to the Future donning his radiation suit.
37. Richard and Lisa as Gravity (Gravity)
At FreshBooks, everyone can hear you scream.
38. Casey as Willie (Duck Dynasty)
“I have a massive wedgie. I shouldn’t have worn underwear.”
39. Daniel as Mr. Sparkle (The Simpsons)
A magnet for food stuff and will banish dirt to the land of wind and ghosts.
40. Juan as Aerobics Instructor
Juan is going to make you work, work.
41. Kathleen as The Hamburglar (McDonald’s)
Kathleen Hamburglared our hearts with this one.
42. Aaron as Escaped Dexter Victim (Dexter)
43. Andre as a French Canadian Lumberjack
Andre worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but just couldn’t hack it, so they gave him the axe.
44. Beatriz as Flint Lockwood (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs)￼
Meat! Science! Good!
45. John as Jonathan (FreshBooks)
Putting the hip in hipster.
46. Jonathan as Nightwing (DC Comics)
Who needs Batman when Jonathan is on the case.
47. Sandy as Ms. Frizzle (The Magic School Bus)
Hop aboard the magic bus with the eccentric and loveable Ms. Frizzle.
48. Jeff as Maverick (Top Gun)
Jeff will take your breath away.
49. Rich and Brandon as Walter White and Jesse Pinkman (Breaking Bad)
Breaking bad with more relaxing and no meth cooking.
50. Meryl as The TARDIS (Doctor Who)
51. Theresa as The Asian Hermione Granger (Harry Potter)
Theresa has been casting spells on us since day one.
52. Jeremy as The 1990s
Remember the 90s. I don’t know about you, but I’m trying to forget.
53. Shaun and Barum as Robots (Flight of the Conchords)
There’s only one kind of dance: the robot… and the robo-boogy.
54. Avrum as The Governor (The Walking Dead)
This is why we don’t have zombies at FreshBooks.
55. Mike and Munroe as El Matador and his bull
Let’s see your dog do this trick.
56. Colin as Father Colin
Holy moly, we’re feeling blessed at FreshBooks today.
57. Jane as Robin Hood
Rob Ford better watch his back with Robin Hood in the building.
58. Nox as Tank Girl
“I’ve been to Australia. I met the devil, drank beer and snogged kangaroos.”
59. Justine as Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)
Watch out, this place is Catching Fire.
60. Darrell as Nosferatu
Give him blood, your precious blood.
61. Shawn as Eddard “Ned” Stark (Game of Thrones)
“Haven’t you heard, Halloween is coming.”
62. Darryl as New Year’s Resolution Guy
“This year things are going to be different.”
63. Chris as Wallace (Wallace and Gromit)
FreshBooks’ first claymation employee.
64. Mike as El Hombre
So mysterious not even he knows who he is.
65. Ken as The Sheriff
You’re under arrest for not finishing your costume.
66. Nick as deadmau5
Using his beats to rock the mobile team.
67. Mark as Walter White (Breaking Bad)
Walt needs a new partner.
68. Craig as Foul Bachelor Frog