In case you were busy, you know, running your business, International Freelancers Day has posted all the videos from the conference so you can watch all the talks for free. All you need to do is register with your email – that’s it! So if you have some time this week, why not go get some great insights from the conference.
Our CEO, Mike McDerment, spoke about “Workday Nirvana”- how to work at home. The three rules to workday nirvana: routine, discipline, and self-respect. He specifically covers how to setup your workspace, stay motivated, find new business and lastly, some golden rules. How is Mike an expert on this? Before starting FreshBooks, Mike was a freelance consultant working at home. Hence, he created FreshBooks to solve the pain point of invoicing customers and getting a snapshot of his receivables.
24 other high profile speakers spoke at the two day conference which you can also see by registering. The conference was focused around growing and sustaining your Freelance business with of course some extra tips and tricks. Topics included:
- Transitioning from a freelancer to a creative business owner
- Low-tech ways to land profitable clients
- Negotiating your way to success
- FaceBook and network marketing
- SEO copywriting
- Finding a viable market for your business
- Getting corporate clients
- Building your freelance brand
- Introduction to book writing
- Optimizing web content for social media