- It can work with multiple businesses
- It can create FB expenses when payroll is submitted (to the FB category of your choice)
- It can remove FB expenses when payroll is cancelled
- It can provide info you need to print cheques (you need to provide cheque paper)
- It can’t sync with time tracking in FB and bring in time tracked
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful. Here are just some of the ways Gusto’s payroll software simplifies all of the tedious tasks that come along with growing your team:
- Payroll can be set to run on a recurring pay schedule that suits your needs
- Local, state and federal payroll taxes are automatically calculated, paid and filed for you
- Employees get their own login so they can onboard themselves, access paystubs, W-2’s, 1099’s and more
How To Connect
Steps to connect
- From your FreshBooks dashboard, select the Settings menu in the top left corner of the navigation pane.
- In the Settings fly-out, select Payroll
- Sign up for a free Gusto trial to get started, or connect an existing Gusto account.
- Set-up the FreshBooks integration by logging into Gusto and clicking on the Settings tab
- Under Software Integrations, click on Add New Integration
- Choose FreshBooks and choose “my.freshbooks.com”
- Enter your credentials to get connected and authorize Gusto to access your FreshBooks account
- On the Payroll page in FreshBooks, you’ll be able to see that the integration is connected once setup is successfully completed.
Mapping payroll categories
In order for your Gusto payroll transactions to successfully be categorized in FreshBooks, you’ll need to set up your expense mappings in Gusto.
To do this simply label each Gusto payroll item with the relevant category from FreshBooks.
You will only be able to match to the standard categories. If you create a custom expense category in FreshBooks, you will not see it as an option in Gusto.
Note that ‘employee taxes’ will be recorded as part of the Wages expense category, and ’employer taxes’ will be recorded as a separate expense category.
How It Works With FreshBooks
From the Payroll settings page, select run payroll. You will be brought into Gusto to complete the payroll run.
Tracking & reviewing payroll expenses
Once the pay run has been completed in Gusto, you will see the transactions recorded as expenses in FreshBooks.
There are two ways you can track and review your Gusto payroll expenses in FreshBooks.
- Select Expenses from the main navigation
- Imported Gusto entries will be displayed with Gusto as the vendor.
- You can use the search bar to:
- See all of your Gusto expenses
- Filter your Gusto expenses by date
- Filter your Gusto expenses by its description (i.e. Regular Wage, Sick Pay, etc.
In your expense report:
- Select Reports from the main navigation and click on Expense Report
- Using your filters, group your records by Vendor to see your Gusto entries displayed together
- Export your Expense Report to Excel