I’m not an accountant but I need accounting software!
There are people who are well-versed in accounting and there are those who are not. A lot of small business owners face this problem on a daily basis – wondering how to manage their finances while staying on top of operating their business. For those who are not comfortable with numbers, accounting can be a real nightmare for them.
Thankfully, for non-accountant small business owners out there, there is already a solution to your problems. Accounting software is the answer they are looking for. Forget about listing down your expenses and transactions with a pen and paper, accounting software handles all that for you. Now that you have a solution, the next thing you need to determine is which accounting software you should get.
How to choose an accounting software
Because there are a lot of accounting software options available on the market today, it can be a difficult choice to make. It is important to find the right software for your business because it can make a huge impact on how you operate your business. Here are some tips to help you find the right accounting software.
- Identify your business needs. As a small business, your accounting needs differ from what a large enterprise does. A lot of accounting software tools cater to these big businesses and so they have a lot more complicated features you don’t necessarily need. Narrow the choices down to those which are specifically designed for small businesses.
- Determine your budget. All accounting software programs have their own subscription plans. These can range from basic to premium depending on the features included. Read more about which features are included in your chosen plan and ask yourself if these features will be a waste of money or not.
- Research a software’s features and add-ons. Find an accounting software which has efficient basic accounting features such as income and expense tracking and invoicing. Some of them also offer additional features that cannot be found with other software so research to find out what features might be of great help for your business.
- Find out if the software is user-friendly. As a non-accountant, you will want to use an accounting software which will not complicate things for you. It is best to choose a software that has a simple interface.
What is the best accounting software for small business?
For small business owners who don’t have a background in accounting, FreshBooks is the perfect choice for you. Not only does it have easy usability, it has robust features that are designed specifically for small businesses. Current users have declared that FreshBooks is the easiest accounting software to use while delivering a seamless experience.
These are some of the powerful features of FreshBooks which are perfect for small business:
- Simple, easy, and professional invoicing
- Expense tracking and auto-categorization of receipts
- Time tracking
- Project management and team collaboration
- Reports generation (profit and loss, sales tax summary)
- Online payments
- Work anytime, anywhere using the mobile app
- Fast and reliable customer support
FreshBooks aims to give small business owners an easy experience when it comes to their accounting needs. It believes that everyone should be able to manage their business seamlessly and ultimately grow over time. You can try FreshBooks free for 30 days and see why many small business owners prefer to use it.
Whether you have a background in accounting or not, accounting software is going to be an important tool for your small business. The key to finding the right software is that it should have essential features which your business needs while still having an easy usability. FreshBooks is the perfect choice for non-accountant, small business owners because it provides exactly what they need. Give it a try and experience accounting like you have never experienced it before.