BrightPay is an award-winning payroll software – winning Payroll Software of the Year in 2018 and 2019. BrightPay is one of the UK and Ireland’s leading payroll software providers for accountants and businesses, helping users run an efficient and accurate payroll. Our safe, secure and intuitive payroll software minimises payroll administration, helping users pay employees and automate tax calculations.
Our cloud add-on, BrightPay Connect allows users to publish payslips, P60s and client payroll reports to a secure online portal. The cloud technology offers powerful features including automatic backup, annual leave management, an employer dashboard and an employee smartphone app.
How it Works With FreshBooks
BrightPay will produce the payroll journal in a file format that is unique to FreshBooks allowing users to easily send their payroll figures into their general ledger. The BrightPay API facility eliminates the manual export and import process, automating tedious, repetitive and time-consuming tasks.
By using BrightPay and FreshBooks together, users will be able to increase efficiency, avoid duplication of efforts and reduce the possibility of manual processing errors.
Steps to Connect
- Within the ‘Payroll’ tab, select ‘Journal’ on the menu toolbar, followed by ‘FreshBooks’.
- Set the date range that you wish to include – the journal will include records for all payslips across all pay frequencies with a pay date within the selected range.
- Select whether you would like the journal to include individual records for each employee or whether to merge the records for each unique date.
- On the next screen, sign into your FreshBooks account.
- Your nominal ledger codes will now be retrieved from your FreshBooks account. Simply map each payroll data item to the relevant nominal account code, and when ready to proceed, click Continue.
- On the next screen, you can specify any circumstances for which amounts should be mapped to an alternate nominal account code (e.g. depending on period type, directorship, departments, specific rates/additions/deductions, etc.). For each payroll data item you wish to add a variation for, click ‘Add Variation’ and set the rules to apply in order for the amount to be mapped to the designated nominal account you enter on this screen.
- Your journal will now be displayed on screen for you to review. If required, click the Back button to make any amendments.
- When ready to upload your journal into FreshBooks, click Send to FreshBooks’. Confirmation will be displayed on screen to confirm successful upload into your FreshBooks account.