About G Suite
G Suite by Google Cloud is an all-in-one suite of business applications that enable you to communicate, store and create.
G Suite currently integrates with FreshBooks in three ways:
Invoice Google Contacts
When typing in your client’s name on a FreshBooks invoice your Google Contacts will populate in the client drop down list and when selected the client will automatically be created in FreshBooks. This saves you time and helps organize your business contacts.
Preview client emails from Gmail
On the Client Profile page in FreshBooks the relationship feed will show you the most recent invoicing updates as well as your Gmail for Work email correspondence with that client. This is an easy way to keep track of where you and your client left off without having to search through your email inbox.
Log in to FreshBooks directly from your G Suite Dashboard, this helps you easily access your favorite Apps all in one place.
How To Get Started
You’ll need to have a G Suite account, a regular Google Apps account is not supported. Please ensure that you are using the same email address for both your Google and FreshBooks account when connecting the integration. Once you have an account simply follow these steps to connect:
- Visit the G Suite Marketplace and look for the FreshBooks listing under the ‘Accounting & Finance’ category (hint: we’re here)
- From the listing page, click on the big blue ‘Install App’ button at the top right and enter the name of your G Suite hosted domain.
- If you’re not already logged in to your G Suite account, you’ll be prompted for your username and password.
- From there, you’ll be taken to the FreshBooks on G Suite signup page, click on ‘Already have a FreshBooks account? Click here to connect it to G Suite.’
- Login to your FreshBooks account.
- Go back to your G Suite Dashboard and next to FreshBooks click on Enable Service. Then click on Enable FreshBooks.
- Done! You can now log in to FreshBooks from your G Suite account.