KeyPay is a global award winning payroll software that takes the pain out of payroll. In a single platform, KeyPay automates the flow of data from employees across rosters, timesheets, leave management, and reporting, providing full visibility of the pay run at all times. With comprehensive automation and flexible pay conditions setup, KeyPay’s ease of use truly changes the way you work and pay.
How it Works With FreshBooks
Connecting FreshBooks with KeyPay allows you to export your payroll details to the FreshBooks general ledger. Once your FreshBooks account is connected, you simply need to map your chart of accounts and then export your payroll journal to the general ledger when you finalise your pay run.
Steps to Connect
- Go to “Payroll setting” > “Journals”
- Click on “Connect to a journal service” and select “FreshBooks”
- Click “Connect to FreshBooks”
- You’ll be redirected to the FreshBooks login page where you’ll need to enter your FreshBooks username and password
- You will then be redirected to the Journals page where you’ll need to confirm the FreshBooks file you’re connecting to
- Click “Save” and you’ll be ready to map your payroll accounts.
Mapping your Payroll Accounts
Once you’ve connected your FreshBooks account, you need to map your accounts to ensure the journal is produced correctly. You can map your accounts by following these steps:
- Go to “Payroll settings” > “Chart of accounts”
- Click “Default accounts” and you’ll see a list of transaction types that need to be “mapped” to a FreshBooks account. The FreshBooks accounts appear in the drop down list next to the transaction type. You can select the same account for multiple transaction types.
- Once you’ve completed all the mappings, you are now ready to export a journal
Exporting your Journal
Once you’ve completed a pay run, you’ll be able to export a journal to the FreshBooks general ledger. You can export a journal by following these steps:
- Once you’ve created and completed your pay run, click “Finalise pay run” from the “Pay run actions” tab
- In the “Finalise pay run” dialog, ensure “Export journals to FreshBooks now” is selected
- Click “Finalise pay run” and your journal will be exported