Shopify is the best ecommerce platform that has everything you need to sell online, on social media, or in person. One platform with all the ecommerce and point of sale features you need to start, run, and grow your business.
Due to the impact of COVID-19, Shopify is offering an extended 90-day free trial.
How it Works With FreshBooks
Syncing with Shopify means bringing all products (items), orders (invoices), and payments received into FreshBooks.
How To Connect
- Click here to connect. You will be redirected to your Shopify account where you will be asked to login.
- Once logged in you will be prompted with a screen requesting access to your data so you can sync.
- Choose “Install App”
- If you already have a FreshBooks account you can click the button to “Authorize Account”. (Otherwise, you can use the “Sign up” button to create a new FreshBooks account)
- Follow the process to connect your account and sign in.
- You can now choose the FreshBooks business you would like to sync with your Shopify store.
- You will now choose your syncing style, which define how your Orders are input into FreshBooks. There are three options to choose from:
a. You can sync your orders to one Client in FreshBooks. This is recommended.
b. You can sync all orders to a currently existing Client in FreshBooks.
c. You can create a new Client for each Shopify customer. Note: with this option you’re likely to reach your Client limits in FreshBooks quickly.
- You can then choose whether to sync automatically or manually. Automatically with sync your Shopify orders with FreshBooks every 15 minutes. If you choose to sync manually you will have a button that allows you to sync when you want.
- Finally, this integration will take a tally of all the orders and items that we are about to sync. If that looks correct to you, go ahead and sync your accounts by choosing “Save and Continue”
- Great you’re all set, now “Save and Sync”
Note: the initial sync may take quite some time if you have a lot of Shopify orders. Since we are grabbing all previous orders you will need to be a little patient, but don’t worry, we’ll email you when the sync is complete!