Zoom has an easy-to-use cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done.
How it Works With FreshBooks
This integration is offered through Zapier. To learn more about what information can be passed between Zoom and FreshBooks please click here. We’ve also created a video and detailed instructions to help set this up.
How To Connect
- Click here to create an account to log into Zapier to get started.
- Connect your Zoom and FreshBooks account.
- Choose what data you want to be synced – detailed instructions below.
- Your data will now automatically sync between Zoom and FreshBooks.
Steps to pull time tracked in Zoom into FreshBooks for easy client billing:
- Select/connect your Zoom account.
- Choose between meeting or webinar – this is the type of call that minutes will be pulled from.
- Click Continue and on the next screen click “Test and Continue” to proceed to the next step.
- The next step will be to configure the conversion of Zoom Minutes to FreshBooks time using Numbers. Verify that the Operation is Multiply, and Inputs are 60 & Duration, then click Continue and on the next screen click “Test and Continue” to proceed to the next step.
- Select/connect your FreshBooks account.
- To “Customize Time Entry” set the following:
Started At: Zoom Start Time
Duration: Output (from Numbers app)
Is Logged: Yes
Client ID: Select client – Note this is the client that all Zoom calls will be tracked to. However you can log into FreshBooks and assign this time entry to other clients as needed.
Notes: type “Zoom meeting”, then from Zoom choose “Topic”. Optional step to make it easy to recognize time tracked from Zoom.
- Click Continue and on the next screen click “Test and Continue” to run a final test.
- Click Done Editing and remember to toggle “On” in the top right corner to make sure this Zap is turned on.