FreshBooks Referral Program Terms of Agreement
Last Updated: February 14, 2005
Make Unlimited Income By Referring People to FreshBooks
Every system that you refer can earn you hundreds of dollars in cash. There is no cap on earnings, or the number of subscribers you may enroll. So get started now!
How Do You Get Started?
Referring is a snap. Log in to your account as staff or administrator (you need to create a FreshBooks system if you have not already). From the Home page select the “Refer FreshBooks” image or the “Referrals” link. You will be taken to your “View Referrals” page where a unique affiliate link awaits you. Copy and paste that link onto your web page or into an email you can send to your friends, then sit back and watch the cash roll in. You can also use one of our pre-made banners by clicking the “Get Banners” link.
The unique affiliate link is a tracking device that ensures you get the credit when someone signs up using your link. Each sign up is tracked in real time and you can view referral reports from your “Referrals” page in FreshBooks. Your referrals do not need to subscribe to a paid service immediately for you to receive payment. In fact, your referrals may be free users for a long time. However, the moment they pay for a subscription, you get credit for 25% your referral’s fee for the first year they are a paying FreshBooks user.
How Do I Keep Track of 500 prospects? Or Just a Few?
With your dedicated online referral tracking system you will always know where you stand. Just login to your FreshBooks system (as either staff or admin) and select “View Referrals”. There you will see everyone who has signed up using your unique affiliate link, the date they signed up, the date they started paying, and how much you have earned and how much you have been paid.
The Terms Are Easy to Use and Easy to Understand
- You must be an active FreshBooks service user in good standing to be an Affiliate.
- You must adhere strictly to our Terms of Service (TOS) Agreement and Anti-Spamming Policies.
- Payouts made twice a year (Jan 31 and July 31) providing your own FreshBooks system is active and in good standing.
- Referrals must have cookies enabled. Your Affiliate ID cookies expire after 15 days. What this means is that anyone who clicks your referral link must subscribe within 15 days. They DO NOT need to upgrade to paid service within 15 days for you to a receive payment.
- Affiliates cannot earn credit for signing up themselves and if they do all their referrals will be void. FreshBooks uses several means to track this so be sure to comply.
- If you are interested in becoming an Affiliate, please log in to FreshBooks and click “Get Started” on your home page. If you do not already subscribe to FreshBooks, it is free to sign up. Click here to subscribe now.
The FreshBooks Affiliate Program is intended for use by FreshBooks customers to refer individuals with whom they have a known relationship. FreshBooks does not condone spamming and any complaints received due to misuse of this program may result in the forfeit of any credits accrued by you.
FreshBooks will issue a check to an affiliate only after a minimum of $100 USD is due. In other words, an affiliate must make enough referrals to earn at least $100 USD before a check will be sent. If the minimum is not met in time for the payment cycle, the affiliate will not be sent a check until the next monthly billing cycle in which the $100 USD minimum has been reached.
By referring individuals you agree to the following conditions: payments are made on referral income earned after the referral period is complete. For example, if you refer a monthly subscription of $40, you will earn $10 after approximately 30 days (i.e. the length of that month). You will continue to earn $10 for one year, or until this user cancels or changes their paid subscription - whichever comes first. Payments are only made for the first year of income referred to FreshBooks. The same rules apply to annual subscriptions. Cancellations by the person referred that occur earlier than 30 days for monthly, or one year for annual packages, will result in loss of any associated referral income owed to you. Affiliate offers apply to new customers only. Affiliates will earn 25% of what FreshBooks earns for one year. Should the referral apply a discount code when upgrading, referrals will be paid 25% of the discounted rate paid to FreshBooks. With each link, email or marketing advertisements that you display on FreshBooks’ behalf, you expressly agree to abide by the Affiliate Terms of Service which are in full force and effect at that date and time.