Self-employed Accounting Software That Is Easy To Use
For self-employed individuals, everything lies on your shoulder including managing your schedule, completing projects, and most importantly, handling your accounting. Why does accounting matter? Because it is necessary in order to maintain your daily operations, improve your own business, and file your taxes. When you operate alone, this could be a daunting task especially if you don’t have any background when it comes to accounting. Fortunately, there are many accounting software programs on the market that will help with this problem.
Benefits Of Having Accounting Software
Investing in accounting software will do wonders for your business. Since we live in a digital world, almost everything can be processed at a fast pace using a computer or a mobile phone. This includes financial paperwork – which is the cause of headache for many self-employed individuals.
Some of the advantages of using accounting software are:
- Time-saving. Accounting software will do all the financial work, giving you ample time to focus on your work. Manual bookkeeping had been the norm in the past and a nightmare to do. With the help of accounting software, all transactions can now be recorded simultaneously.
- Easy and simple data entry. Although there is still a chance for human error, accounting software simplifies data entry and automatically computes necessary calculations.
- Simplify tax-related responsibilities. Accounting software stores invoices, receipts, and other financial statements which are important when tax season comes.
- Saves money. Since everything is automated, you save money by reducing printing and paper costs.
What Is The Best Accounting Software For The Self-Employed?
There are many available accounting software programs on the market right now for an individual to choose from. There are those which cater to large businesses and there are also those which cater to self-employed individuals and small business owners. However, there are some self-employed accounting software programs which offer features that a self-employed individual does not really need. It is better to stick to an accounting software which is easy to use and has only those features that a self-employed person realistically needs.
To find the right accounting software for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- What accounting tasks does my business actually need?
- Do I need all of the software’s accounting features?
- Is it easy to use?
- Is the customer support good?
If you have too many choices, it is best to narrow it down by answering the questions above. Although all accounting software offers tools for basic accounting tasks, they may also differ in usability. The important thing is that you can manage all financial matters without sacrificing time and energy needed for your work. The goal of having accounting software is to simplify these tasks in order to focus on your business.
FreshBooks meets all the criteria of a good accounting software. It is specifically designed for self-employed individuals such as freelancers. Users have been satisfied with this accounting software because it gives them exactly what they want when managing their accounting.
What makes FreshBooks great?
Self-employed individuals love FreshBooks for a variety of reasons. Below are the features FreshBooks offers that sets them apart from the competition:
- Time tracking. It has a built-in time tracker perfect for freelancers who bill by the hour. It allows them to keep track of the time they spend on a project, making it easier to see how much they are earning.
- Invoicing. FreshBooks is known for its easy and simple invoicing. It can also be customized and personalized. Calculations are also automatically done, reducing the number of errors.
- Ease of access. All work done in FreshBooks is automatically synced to all devices whether it is a computer or a mobile phone. You can access all of your records anytime and from anywhere.
- Simple interface. FreshBooks has a clean interface which makes it easy to use even for people who don’t have a background in accounting.
- Simple and detailed financial reports. Knowing the performance of your business has never been simpler thanks to FreshBooks.
- Great customer service. With award-winning customer support, any problems or issues you may encounter will be resolved immediately.
Freelancers and other self-employed individuals need to be in control of all aspects of their business including accounting. With accounting software, they can lessen the burden of keeping track of their finances and keep on focusing on their work. Luckily for them, FreshBooks is here to help. With features that are specifically made for the self-employed, this is undoubtedly the best accounting software for them.
Get started on accounting with FreshBooks by signing up now!