How do I add multiple contacts to one Client
Sometimes you may need to send Invoices to multiple contacts in one Company - for example, the Finance team and the CEO. With FreshBooks, you’re able to add multiple contacts to a single Client, and you can then choose which of those contacts to send Invoices to. There are a couple of ways to add multiple contacts to your Clients.
- Go to the People tab
- You will be brought to a list of your Clients
- Click edit link on the Client of your choice (or if you’re adding a new Client, click on the New Client button)
- Under the Contacts section there is a little green (+) with a link saying Add another contact. Click on this link
- Enter your secondary contact’s information. The email is required, and it’s worth adding a first & last name as well
- Click Save when you’re done!
NOTE: There is no limit to how many contacts you can add to a Client.
Now when you create an Invoice for that Client, you’ll see the option to send to any of the Contacts listed under the Client:Option Two:
If you’re already halfway through creating an Invoice before remembering that you needed to add a secondary contact, have no fear! You can add the contact to the Client directly within the Invoice.
- Select the Client from the Client drop-down menu
- Click on the Add another contact button
- Fill out the contact’s information
- Remember to click Save after you’re done adding your new contact
- You can now also send the Invoice to your newly added contact.