Sometimes you may need to send Invoices to multiple contacts in one Company – for example, the Finance team and the CEO, or you may need to CC someone on an Invoice. You can add multiple contacts to a single Client, and you can then choose which of those contacts to send Invoices to. There are two ways to add multiple contacts to your Clients – in the Client profile, or while on an Invoice:
- Go to the People tab
- Click edit link on the Client of your choice (or if you’re adding a new Client, click on the New Client button)
- Under the Contacts section there is a little green (+) button with a link saying Add another contact. Click on this link
- Enter your secondary contact’s information. The email is required, and it’s worth adding a first and last name as well
- Click Save to finish.
Note: There is no limit to how many contacts you can add to a Client.
Now when you create an Invoice for that Client, you’ll see the option to send to any of the Contacts listed under the Client:
On an Invoice:
If you’re already halfway through creating an Invoice before remembering that you needed to add a secondary contact, have no fear! You can add the contact to the Client directly within the Invoice with these steps:
- While on your Invoice, select the Client from the Client drop-down menu
- Click on the Add another contact button
- Fill out the contact’s information
- Remember to click Save after you’re done adding your new contact
- You can now also send the Invoice to your newly added contact.
How do I change the primary contact?
Inside a Client’s profile, the first contact fields are always for the primary contact. To change the primary contact, you will need to put their information inside the first set of fields. To do this, you can follow the below steps:
- Click on the People tab
- Then click on the edit link next to the Client you want to modify
- Move the old contact’s information to a secondary contact profile (by clicking on the Add another contact link)
- Then enter your new primary contact’s information in the first contact fields that are now blank
- Click Save at the bottom to finish.