Can I connect FreshBooks to my Xero account?
While FreshBooks doesn’t directly connect to Xero, you are able to use a third party connector tool called OneSaas to establish a connection. You can read more about the integration and what is possible on the OneSaas site.
To connect your FreshBooks and Xero accounts using OneSaas, follow these steps:
Open your OneSaas account
- Click Integrations from the left-side panel
- You should already see FreshBooks and Xero Connected. Select Configure to move forward. (if you don’t, click Add Connection —> Select FreshBooks, then click Add Connection –> Xero)
You can choose exactly how you’d like this integration to work. In this walk through, we will only show you how to get the same functionality as you had with the Xero integration. For extended functionality, you may click here to get full integrations. Otherwise, please continue with the steps below all the way till the Examples:
- Start the configuration process by selecting the first check box to enable to sync of orders from Freshbooks to Xero
- A pop up menu should now appear, here you’re able to:
- Select the invoice status’s OneSaas should retrieve from Freshbooks
- The invoice prefix you’d like in-front of all order numbers (e.g. FB123)
- What status paid and unpaid invoices should be sent to Xero as
- How you’d like contact details on invoices sent (more details here)
- If you’d like OneSaas to create products (items) alongside invoices
- If OneSaas should be sending invoices payments to Xero
Tip: You’re able to choose how we create your orders in your Xero account by changing the options in the drop down menus provided.
Select Save Changes when done.
Select Next to continue.
Once completed, select Next.
Hit Next to move forward.
You have now set up the integration to pass data from your FreshBooks account into your Xero account - similar to how the Xero integration functioned.
To finish the setup process, simply uncheck all the boxes. Click Next to continue.
Retrieve & Validate
OneSaas should now be syncing. As soon as this is done, you’re able to use our review page to fix up any remaining configuration changes you weren’t able to do. For example, if you weren’t able to map your tax’s initially, you can do so now! Once everything is good to go, you should see a big green tick indicating you’re ready to move forward. Please select Preview to continue.
Finally, you’re able to see the data that we were able to pull into OneSaas. For example, in the screenshot below you can see an invoice that were were able to retrieve. If you’re happy with everything, select Send Data & Finish to push your data as configured by yourself.
Send & Finish
You should now see another sync running. However, this time instead of just pulling your data into OneSaas, we’re pushing it too. Once the sync is completed, you’ll be taken to review your first report. You’re able to re-configure your integration with this process at any point in time.
This is the end of the setup process.