FreshBooks Card Reader - FAQs
With the FreshBooks Card Reader, you can now easily accept credit card payments wherever business takes you, quickly and securely right from your phone or tablet on both iOS and Android. This article will answer any questions you may have about the FreshBooks Card Reader, so you’ll be receiving payments in no time.
Developed and designed by FreshBooks, the Card Reader is powered by FreshBooks Payments and integrates seamlessly with your FreshBooks account. This means:
- The FreshBooks Card Reader works right out of the box
- Automatic recording of payments and transaction fees
- Automatic deposits into your bank account
- Automatic payment receipts sent to your Clients
- Award-winning customer support
The FreshBooks Card Reader is one of the few mobile chip readers that can accept both EMV chip cards and the magnetic stripe cards. This is really important, because credit cards have recently shifted liability onto businesses themselves. If you swipe a chip card instead of using the chip, you and your business are on the hook for any fraudulent transactions. As the FreshBooks card reader gives you the option to use the chip on your Client’s cards, you don’t need to worry!
Card Reader details
How do I order the FreshBooks Card Reader?
- Open your FreshBooks app and tap on the Settings Menu (Gear Icon) in the top right
- Tap on Order Credit Card Reader
- Enter your ordering info and a Card Reader will be on its way to you!
NOTE: If you don’t see the option to order the FreshBooks Card Reader, make sure you have the most recent version of the app.
How much does it cost?
The FreshBooks Card Reader costs $29 to purchase and comes with a one-year warranty.
Visa & Mastercard: 2.7% + $0.30 per transaction.
American Express: 3.4% + $0.30 per transaction.
The FreshBooks Card Reader works on both iOS and Android devices. The device must be running iOS 8 and/or JellyBean (4.2) or higher to use the FreshBooks Card Reader.