Getting Up and Running as a Contractor in FreshBooks
Congratulations on being invited to work on a project in FreshBooks! We know your first priority is getting up and running quickly, so we’ve prepared a pretty comprehensive guide below that shows you exactly what you need to know and do.
As a Contractor, you’ll be tracking time and invoicing your new Client (the person who invited you onto the Project).
First things first - FreshBooks is an online invoicing service that helps freelancers and small business owners save time, get paid faster and look really professional. You easily keep track of time, bill your Clients and work with Contractors - which is you by the way!
- You’ll have received an email from your new Client. The email includes an invite to work on their Project
- Click on the Join Project button
- If you have a FreshBooks account, enter your account name and login credentials
- If you don’t have a FreshBooks account, click on the sign up here link to create a new one
- Once your account is set up, you’ll see that the person who invited you is now a Client in your account
- Once you’ve accepted the invitation you can choose how you will bill for the time you spend on this Project. For more info on the various billing rates, click here
- Now you can start tracking time on the Project and generate an invoice for your Client!
Note: Contractors can have free accounts for one Client (your employer is the one Client). You’ll see this option at the end of your free 30 day trial.
If you run into any issues setting up the free account, or you want the free account right away, give our awesome Support team a shout at email@example.com or a call at 1-866-303-6061!