How can I add a discount to my Invoices?
There are two ways to enter discounts on your Invoices in FreshBooks.
Use the ‘Discount’ field on the Invoice
- This applies to the entire Invoice amount
- This can only be applied as a % discount
Add a Negative Line Item to represent a discount
- You can add a discount of any dollar amount
- You can add a description to explain the discount to your Client
- If you have taxable items on the Invoice, you may also want to add tax to that discount line so that the taxes are lowered as well. Of course, this depends on what type of discount you are trying to give.