How do I add income generated outside of FreshBooks?
In FreshBooks, all income must be associated to an Invoice. If you’ve received income outside of FreshBooks and would like to add it into your account, you will need to create an Invoice for the income amount and then assign a Payment to it. The steps are easy! Just follow this workflow:
- You’ll need to assign the Invoice(s) to a Client, so you may wish to create a ‘dummy’ Client. Head to the People tab and click on + New Client
- Create a Client called ‘Retail Sales’ or something to describe the income. You can put your own email address in for the contact details.
- Save the Client
- Head to the Invoices tab and click on + New Invoice
- Choose your newly created Client and enter the income information on the Invoice
- Save the Invoice as a Draft
- Return to the Invoices tab and hover your mouse over the Invoice number (blue link). You’ll see a small pop-up appear.
- Click on Mark as Sent. This allows the Invoice to show up in your Reports.
- Now we’re going to enter a Payment against that Invoice. Head to the Invoices tab, then the Payments sub-tab
- Click + New Payment and select the Invoice you just created, clicking Enter Payment at the bottom of the page
- Add the Payment information, including any Notes you may want to add
- Click Save, and the Payment will be added
FreshBooks will now recognize that as income and this will be reflected in your Reports!