How do I attach receipts to Expenses on the mobile app?
Attaching receipt images to your Expenses using the mobile App is a great way to keep your paperwork organized. You can finally wave goodbye to the overflowing shoebox of receipts under your bed! If you’re out in the field and quickly need to log an Expense, you’re able to snap an image of the receipt using the mobile App and attach that to the relevant Expense. You can also use a photo already stored on your phone.
To create an Expense with a receipt image attached on an iOS device, follow these steps:
- Click on the Expenses section, then the + button in the top right. You’ll now be looking at this:
- Click on the Attach Receipt option halfway down your screen
- You’ll have the option to Take a photo or Choose from library. Select whichever is appropriate.
- If you’ve selected Choose from library, your Photos will open up and you’ll be able to choose the relevant photo.
- Take a photo will open your Camera app, and you’ll be able to snap an image of your receipt:
- You’ll then have the chance to review your photo, and you can Retake or Use Photo from here
- Once you’ve tapped Use Photo, you can enter the other Expense info (Total Amount, Vendor, Category, Taxes, Notes, Date) and click Save.
To create an Expense with a receipt image attached on an Android device, follow these steps:
- Click on the Expenses section, then the + button in the top right
- You’ll immediately be taken to your camera, giving you the option to snap a receipt
- Click the Green Camera button at the bottom of your screen when you’ve lined up your photo. (Alternatively you can click Skip if you’re not quite ready - there’s an option to Attach Receipt at the next screen!)
- Once you’ve taken your photo, you’re given the option to Retake or Use Photo
- Now, enter the rest of your Expense info (Amount, Taxes, Category, Date, Client, Vendor & Notes)
- Remember to click Update when you’re ready to save!