How do I enable FreshBooks Payments on Invoices?
To start receiving online payments on your Invoices, you can enable FreshBooks Payments powered by WePay. There are two ways to connect your FreshBooks account to FreshBooks Payments:
From Accept Credit Cards
- Click on Settings
- Click on the Accept Credit Cards sub-tab
- Click on the Connect your bank account link inside the blue notification (within the FreshBooks Payments box)
- A verification email will send to your email address to complete the rest of the setup
- You’ll also want to follow the steps in the From An Invoice section below to enable it on an Invoice as well.
From An Invoice
- When creating an Invoice, next to Accept Credit Cards section, check off the box next to the Visa, MasterCard and Amex logos
- If you haven’t done already, follow the steps in the From Accept Credit Cards section above to finish verifying your WePay account.
Your invoice is now ready to be paid with a credit card! All your client has to do is click the Pay Now button when they receive your invoice. To see what your client will experience, click here.
Is my business or industry safe to use with WePay?
Please check the Prohibited Activities section of WePay’s Terms of Service to ensure you can safely process payments with WePay.
How do I turn Accept Credit Cards on or off on an Invoice?
You can turn the ability to accept credit cards on or off on an Invoice by using these steps:
- Go to the Invoices tab
- Click on the edit link next to the Invoice
- Next to Accept Credit Cards, check off or uncheck the box.
What will my Clients see on their bank statement?
Once your client makes a payment through FreshBooks Payments, the transaction will appear as “WPY*yourcompanyname” on their credit card statement.
It is important that your Client is familiar with how the transaction will appear on their credit card statement, as to reduce the rate of chargebacks due to unrecognized charges.
The email on my WePay account is wrong. How can I update it so I can finish setting up?
When you set up your FreshBooks account, we automatically provision a WePay account for you using the same email as your account (for US or Canadian customers).
If the email set up is incorrect (because of a typo or you were using a test email), we can change the email for you. Just give our Support a quick call or email with the correct email address to use!