Before you try upgrading, downgrading or canceling your account, ensure that you are logged in as the admin of the account on a web browser.
If you are on a trial plan with FreshBooks and want to upgrade your account:
- Click on the Home tab
- Click on your Upgrade tab
- Click on one of the pricing plan Signup buttons.
If you’re looking to make any adjustments to your current plan, you can add or remove any extras:
- Click on your Home tab
- Click on your Upgrade tab.
Downgrading an Account
If you’re looking to downgrade to a lower plan, you’ll need to ensure you’ve reduced the number of active and archived Clients in your account first before downgrading.
- View your ideal plan options first by going to the Home tab, then the Pricing and Upgrade sub-tab. Take note of the number of Clients in the plan
- Go to the People tab and check the box(es) off next to the Clients you wish to delete. Ensure you have also checked your archived Clients if you have any. If you run into issues deleting Clients, check out this helpful article here
- Click on the Delete button
- Click on the Home tab again
- Click on the Pricing and Upgrade sub-tab
- Select the lower plan you wish to downgrade to and complete the rest.
Cancelling an Account
While we are sad to see you go, we know that FreshBooks is not for everyone. We have made the process of cancelling your account as hassle-free as possible:
- Click on the My Account link at the top right of your FreshBooks account
- Click on the cancel your account link at the bottom of the page.
You will be taken to a page where you can leave a comment and cancel your account.
Note: If you’re being billed through Apple Subscriptions, you’ll need to use different steps to cancel here.
My account is closed or canceled. How do I reactivate it?
If your account was cancelled and you’re looking to reactivate it, just log into your account, and you’ll be asked to fill in your credit card details. Click Save and your account will be reactivated once all outstanding payments are processed.
Why do I have an extra 3% fee on my subscription?
You may find that you’re being charged an additional 3% on your payments to us for your FreshBooks subscription if paying outside of Canada and the US. This is due to us being based in Canada, where our payment processors are (we also have Amex as our processor in the US). This transaction fee is charged and collected by the banks themselves, and FreshBooks is unable to prevent these charges from happening.