How do I use Late Fees/Late Payment Reminders?
How do I send out Late Payment Reminders?
Even the most reliable Clients can sometimes forget about the occasional Invoice. Setting up late Invoice reminders in your FreshBooks system lets you gently (or harshly!) remind them about unpaid Invoices without lifting a finger.
- In your FreshBooks account, click on your Settings link at the top-right of the screen.
- In the sub-navigation, click on the Emails link.
- Click on the Late Payment Reminders edit link.
- You can configure up to three different late notices at intervals of your choosing. Be sure to put a check in the checkbox to turn it on, and set how many days following the Invoice date you would like the reminder to go out.
- Don’t forget to click Save when you’re done.
Late payment reminders do not work retroactively if you’ve just enabled them on an Invoice that is already past a reminder deadline. If there is an upcoming reminder that fits the deadline (e.g., the Invoice is already 60 days overdue, but you have a reminder for 90 days), then the last payment reminder will go out after 90 days of the date of issue on your Invoice.
How can I send Late Payment Reminders immediately?You can send a note to your Client by editing the Invoice under the Invoices tab, then click on Send by Email, you can then edit the subject and the email body to your liking.
How can I change late Invoice reminders per Client?To not send late payment reminders or assign late payment fees to a Client, simply follow these steps:
- Click the People tab
- Select the Client you wish to not send reminders to
- Click edit
- Under their Organization name, click the little grey bubble that says Reminders
- Uncheck “Send reminder emails to this Client”
- Click Save
How do I turn on Late Payment Fees?
Late Payment Fees will automatically charge a percentage or flat fee to your Invoices that age past a set deadline. This is a great way to have your Clients pay their Invoices on time.
To turn on Late Payment Fees, follow these steps:
- Head to the Invoices tab, then click the + New Invoice button. You can also edit an existing Invoice
- Click on the Set Default Terms link in the bottom left
- Click the Late Payment Fees tab
- Click on the checkbox for Enable Late Payment Fees for all Invoices. This will bring up some options for late payment fees that you can set
To enable / disable Late Payment Fees for specific Clients, follow these steps:
- Head to the People tab, then click edit next to the Client you wish to enable / disable Late Fees for
- Under the Organization Name field, you’ll see a grey button labelled Late Fees:
- Either check off or uncheck the box next to Charge late payment fees
- Click Save at the bottom of the page and you’re all set!