How do I verify my FreshBooks Payments account?
FreshBooks Payments is powered by WePay for US and Canadian users. A WePay account is automatically created for you whenever you create a FreshBooks account. You can continue with the rest of the set up of your WePay account with the information below:
If you haven’t already, get started by enabling FreshBooks Payments with the steps here.
- Business - Choose this if you’ve filed official government paperwork, such as articles of incorporation.
- Individual - Select this if none of the other options apply.
- Nonprofit Organization - Choose this if you’ve filed official government paperwork, like your status as a Registered Charity.
- Sole Proprietor - Use this if you have a corporation number and wish to use it for tax reporting purposes.
The KYC (Know Your Customer) form is the process through which WePay verifies your account with the below:
- Details about your business
- SSN (Social Security Number for US users) or,
- SIN (Social Insurance Number for Canadian users)
- EIN (Employee Identification Number) for tax reporting on behalf of a corporation or organization (required for Business, Nonprofit Organization and Sole Proprietor accounts)
- US or Canadian bank account information
This is facilitated by WePay’s Trust Center to verify your identity and your customers, as well as comply with anti-money laundering laws. It is also required for any tax reporting depending on your business type. This a required step in order to receive your payments.
After you have received a payment, you have 90 days to verify your account through the KYC process. If you don’t verify your account in time, any payment that you’ve received will be refunded to your client and any further payments will not go through until verification is done.
If any of the information above is incorrect, WePay will send you an email with a link asking you to update your account information.