Why do my FreshBooks emails to my Clients bounce or end up in the junk folder?
- Incorrect email address (for bounces that specify an email does not exist)
- SPF-related issues if you have a custom domain email (e.g., email@example.com)
- Go to the People tab
- Click on the edit link
- Update the email, then click Save at the bottom
- Then re-send the Invoice/Estimate by going to the Invoices/Estimates section, check the box off next to it and click on Send.
If the email address is not incorrect, please proceed to SPF Issues below.
To ensure smooth sailing of emails sent from FreshBooks, it is important to include FreshBooks in your SPF record. The below steps will guide you through this (please note if you do not have a custom domain email (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org), the below is not applicable):
- Check your SPF record first if you’re unsure, using this validator here. Put your email or domain name (e.g., companyname.com) then click on Get SPF Record (if any)
- If you do not see FreshBooks on it, continue to step 3. If you see FreshBooks on it but it fails validation, continue to step 5.
- To modify/add an SPF record, go to this link here and click on the domain registry your email is hosted at.
- Follow the steps to access/reach the SPF record area inside your domain registry. Add the following: include:_spf.freshbooks.com
- If your SPF record fails validation or won’t save, ensure that you have not made an error in your syntax. You can review proper syntax here.
Once your SPF record is updated to include FreshBooks, you can re-send any bounced/failed Invoices/Estimates by going to the Invoices/Estimates section, check the box off next to it and click on Send.
If you have any issues with the steps above, or you’re not sure if this is applicable to you, feel free to reach out to our awesome Support team at email@example.com or at 1-866-303-6061.