Payments Supported by FreshBooks: Settings and Access
Want to know more? Head back to the Payments Supported by FreshBooks: Overview
- How do I activate FreshBooks Payments on my FreshBooks account?
- Can I have multiple FreshBooks accounts connected to a single WePay account?
- Can I have more than one administrator for my WePay account?
- Can I give my staff members access to the WePay account?
- What happens to my WePay account when I shut down my FreshBooks Account?
How do I activate FreshBooks Payments on my FreshBooks account?back to top
When you first sign-up for your FreshBooks account, a Payments account will automatically be created for you. The Payments account is created with WePay, who helps FreshBooks process payments on the back end.
To enable FreshBooks Payments on your invoices, simply create a new invoice and choose to ‘Accept Credit Cards’ and you’re all good to go!
After you’ve sent off your first invoice, you’ll need to further setup your Payments account. Setup only takes a few minutes and you only need to do it once:
- As soon as you’ve sent off your first invoice with FreshBooks Payments enabled, you will automatically receive an email with steps to connect your bank account. If you wish, you can complete setup before your first payment by heading to Settings > Accept Credit Cards, and clicking “Connect your Bank Account”. You will receive this email as well when you receive your first payment through FreshBooks payments.
- You’ll be asked to set up a secure payments password. This password, in addition to your email, will be used whenever you need to do things like change your bank account or issue a refund to client.
- After setting your password, you’ll be sent back to FreshBooks where you’ll fill out some information about your business, and then connect the bank account where your payments will be automatically deposited in the future.
Can I have multiple FreshBooks accounts connected to a single WePay account?back to top
At this time, that isn’t possible. Each FreshBooks accounts requires its own individual WePay account. As long as the primary email address on your FreshBooks account is different, you will be able to create as many WePay accounts as you’d like. Please email in to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will be happy to help you out!
Can I have more than one administrator for my WePay account?back to top
At this time, there can be only one administrator per WePay account. However, you can add multiple staff members to your WePay account for read/write access. See below.
Can I give my staff members access to the WePay account?back to top
Your staff members can only access your WePay account directly if you give them access to do so. To do this, they would need to log in directly to your account at http://www.wepay.com
To give them access to the account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your FreshBooks account
- Click on settings in the top right corner
- Click on the accept credit cards sub-tab
- Next, click under ‘show account details info’.
- Click on ‘Manage account’.
Once you’re logged in to your WePay account, follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Settings’ at the top right of the account.
- Click on ‘Access’ on the left.
- You can add your staff members here as different users. You can also choose what permissions they have (modify, view, or both)
What happens to my WePay account when I shut down my FreshBooks Account?back to top
When you shut down your FreshBooks account, you will need to shut down your WePay account separately. Shutting down your FreshBooks account will not automatically cancel your WePay account. If you would like to cancel your WePay account as well, please contact WePay Support at email@example.com