How do I connect FreshBooks to a payment gateway to allow for online payments?
To connect your payment gateway to your FreshBooks account, you’ll want to:
- Log in to your FreshBooks account
- Click on **Settings** (top right of the page), then **Accept Credit Cards** (sub tab on the left)
- Choose the appropriate Payment Gateway from the menu. If you would like more options, click on ‘Other payment gateways”.
- Click ‘Activate’ next to your desired gateway. Enter valid credentials. For PayPal standard it will be your email address. For other gateways, like Authorize.Net, you will need to retrieve credentials from your account and enter them here.
- Most payment gateways are auto-bill capable. Auto-billing is the action of charging a credit card on file for recurring invoices automatically without your client having to do anything. PayPal Standard does not support auto-billing though.
- Click “Save” when you’ve set up your payment gateway.
- Online payments will be enabled when you create new invoices. You can also turn online payments on for old invoices by editing them.
- Drink some mojitos on the beach while your clients pay you as fast as possible.