Settings -> Permissions
In the Permissions area, you can add or remove certain features and limit what your Staff & Clients have access to.
To get to this area, head to Settings in the top right of your account, then click on the Permissions section:
You can disable / enable certain tabs for you as the Administrator. If you don’t use any of the features (such as Time Tracking), just uncheck the box, click Save, and your account will no longer have the Time Tracking tab. The Reports, Invoices and People tabs will always be visible in your account.
If your Staff do not need certain features in their accounts, you can disable them here.
There are also some additional options for Staff members:
- Project Access: Your Staff will be able to create and manage Projects, as well as view Project related Reports (if the Reports tab is enabled!)
- Send Invoices, Estimates and Credits: Your Staff will be able to send these directly to your Clients.
- Client Management: Newly created Clients will be visible to all Staff, and newly created Staff will be able to view Clients. The Assign Clients page (under the People tab in your account) will allow you to adjust your Staff’s individual Client access.
- Ticket Administration: This only refers to the Support section of FreshBooks (which is disabled by default). If enabled, Staff members will be able to view and update all support tickets associated to Clients they are assigned to.
Again, you’re able to remove certain areas from the Client view. If you don’t deal with Projects for your Clients, there’s no need to have that section enabled!
There are a couple of other options for Clients:
- Dispute Invoices: If enabled, this will allow your Clients to dispute their Invoices.
- Document Administration: This only refers to the Documents section (disabled by default). If enabled, Clients can create new folders within the Documents section.
Can my Staff have individual permissions?
The short answer is no - the permissions you set from Settings -> Permissions will apply to all Staff members.
With this being said, you are able to assign specific Clients to each individual Staff member, so each Staff member will have different access to different Clients. This is useful if your Staff just deal with certain Clients rather than all of them. Head to the People tab, then Assign Clients:
Make sure to click Save when any changes have been made!