How can I track my mileage as an Expense?
If you’re wondering how to record your mileage as a business Expense, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Expenses tab
- Click on the New Expense button
- Fill out the expense with the Amount as the cost of fuel and if you’d like, add the name of the gas station in the Vendor field
- For the category, select Mileage under Car & Truck Expenses
- In the Notes, specify how far you’ve traveled and any trip details
- Assign it to a Client by checking the Assign To Client option if you are planning to rebill it to them
- Feel free to check off Attach Image of Receipt and upload a receipt
- Click on the Add Expense button and you’re done.
You’re also welcome to check out the Addons page, where we have an integration that can import your mileage as expenses for you automatically.