Using Staff and Contractors within FreshBooks allows you to collaborate with your team members and improve your productivity. You can set your team members up as either a Staff or a Contractor and each type of team member has their own benefits.
Staff have access to your FreshBooks accounts as well as:
- Being able to log into your account and accessing most of the same information an administrator can
- Staff can track their time and expenses
- You can delegate tasks to them like sending Invoices or adding new Clients
- Adding team members as Staff is ideal if you work closely together.
Contractors have their own FreshBooks account as well as:
- They are linked to your FreshBooks account and can be invited to work on Projects
- Contractors can track time to those Projects which will appear in your Team Timesheets, logged under the Contractor’s name and Task assigned to them
- You can rebill the Contractor’s time onto your invoice to a Client
- Contractors can bill you for their time, and you can access that invoice from your FreshBooks account
- Adding team members as Contractors is ideal when you only need them to track their time.