What happens to my account if my phone is lost or stolen?
Fingers crossed this doesn’t happen to you but if your phone is lost or stolen, follow these steps to ensure that your data stays secure:
- Contact our support team as soon as you can. We’ll ensure that the connection between the mobile app and your FreshBooks account is disconnected so no one else can change anything on your account. We’ll make sure your account stays safe so you have one less thing to worry about
- If you have Find My iPhone (Apple) or Android Device Manager set up on your device, trigger a remote wipe so that the data on the phone gets erased, including access to your FreshBooks account on the app
- Log into your FreshBooks account on your computer, and change your username and password:
- Go to My Account
- Click on the Adminstrator sub-tab
- Update the username and password, and click Save to finish.