How do I attach Receipts to my Expenses?
You’ve spent some money, created an Expense, and now you want to attach a picture of the Receipt? No problem, here’s how!
Attaching Receipts to your Expenses
- Head to the Expenses tab
- Click on the New Expense button, or the edit link on an existing Expense
- After you’ve specified the details like Amount, Date, Vendor, Category and Notes, check off Attach Image of Receipt
- Under Select Image, click on Choose File and select your Receipt
- Click the Save Expense button and you’re done. You can preview it by hovering over the paperclip icon.
Receipts on Invoices
When you re-bill your Expense on an Invoice, the Receipt is also included! You can view this by hovering your mouse over the blue Receipt attachment, which will show you a preview of the Receipt.
Why can’t I upload my Receipts?
There are several reasons this might be happening. Here’s how to narrow down the culprits:
- Try to upload the file again, in case the issue was a temporary one
- Try using a different web browser
- Try uploading the receipt while in Chrome’s incognito mode, Firefox’s Private Browsing mode or Safari’s Private Browsing mode. (You can find directions for Chrome , Firefox and Safari)
If either of these last two options work for you, the problem was likely caused by a browser add-on or extension. You can disable it and see if it works.
- If the previous options don’t work, the image/PDF file might be corrupted or have non-standard formatting applied to it. To test this, open the image or PDF on your computer, then choose Save As (normally found under the File menu) and save it somewhere else on your computer. Now try to upload the newly saved file.
If you are still having difficulty, you can contact our awesome Support Rockstars at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-866-303-6031 for assistance. Include the file if possible, in your email.