Can my Staff or Contractor create Expenses?
Staff can create expenses as long as you have Expenses enabled for them in the Staff Permissions. To enable this:
- Go to Settings
- Click on the Permissions sub-tab
- Check off Expenses next to Staff Permissions and click the Save
You’ll also need to assign Clients to your Staff so that they can associate Expenses with a Client/Project. To enable this:
- Go to the People tab
- Click on the Assign Clients sub-tab
- Choose a Staff Member from the drop down and select the Client(s) you want to assign to that Staff. Click Save after and you’re done!
Notes about Staff and Expenses:
- Expenses entered by a Staff member will show up on the list with their name written under the date of that Expense.
- Staff can see Expenses that they’ve added themselves, and Expenses assigned to Clients that they have access to.
- Staff can never see unassigned expenses added by the Administrator.
Contractors can create expenses, but they will not show up in the Administrator’s account.