How do I import my Clients?
The people you send Invoices or Estimates to are Clients. If you’re looking to save time from adding each new Client one by one manually, you can import your list of Clients instead. Just follow these steps:
- Go to My Account
- Click on the Import & Export sub-tab
- Click on the CSV (Outlook or FreshBooks compatible) link next to Import Clients
- You’ll then need to reformat your CSV file so your Client information correctly matches the relevant fields within FreshBooks. The best way to do this would be to click the See a sample link to see a sample file
- When your file is formatted and ready, click Choose file and locate your CSV file
- Click on the Upload button
- You’ll then see a list of the Clients you’re attempting to import. Review the list and if everything looks ok, click Import Clients
- Your Clients are now imported!
My CSV file won’t import, what can I do?
CSV files require specific formatting in order to import successfully. Below are some tips on how to fix common issues:
- Client name and email are mandatory fields - make sure these are not left blank. If your Clients do not have an email, just add in a placeholder such as “firstname.lastname@example.org” to allow the Client to be saved
- Be sure to use the exact format of the sample CSV provided
- Double-check your Client limit on your plan. Go to My Account and see what plan you’re on and how many Clients you have. You can upgrade your account to add more Clients