You can easily update your credit card information by following these steps:
- Log in to your FreshBooks account
- Click on My Account (top corner)
- Click on the Update Billing Info button and you’ll be taken to update your billing details
- Make sure you click Save after and you’re done.
Why are my updated credit card details not saving?
Below are some common issues with new credit card details not saving:
- The expiration date may be MM/YY or MM/YYYY depending on your card – try both options
- The credit card must be one of the accepted types (Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Discover) and is not a prepaid or debit credit card
- Make sure the address matches your credit card’s billing address (no spelling errors)
- Ensure there are no unsupported characters in your address (like / and – )
- Your browser may not be supported – for best results use Chrome or update your browser to the latest versions here
If all the above isn’t working, check with your bank, particularly if you are located outside of Canada. Some banks may require you to authorize FreshBooks to charge your credit card on a recurring basis since FreshBooks is located in Canada.