Give your customers the flexibility and convenience of paying by bank transfer, now available for U.S.-based customers.
If you’re an independent contractor, you likely have a diverse portfolio of clients—each with their own preferred method of payment. Some opt for online payments, while others stick with old-school checks—after all, money is money.
But the more clients you take on, the more you’ll need to establish flexible payment options to keep everyone happy (and to keep you getting paid).
That’s why FreshBooks is introducing ACH payments (a.k.a. bank transfers). It offers your clients the convenience of paying with ACH and saves you a trip to the bank to deposit the money. The ACH fee is 1% per transaction capped at $50 or less on FreshBooks Select Plans.
What Is ACH?
ACH (Automated Clearing House) is a network that connects financial institutions across the U.S., and allows your clients to transfer money online from their bank to yours.
How Do I Enable ACH Payments?
To enable ACH Payments:
- Log into your FreshBooks account and click the gear icon in the top left corner.
- Click Accept Online Payments. Here’s what it looks like in-app:
3. Click Get Started with Online Payments and then click Continue
4. Verify your email, business information, and add a bank account
5. Now you’ll have the option to accept ACH on an invoice
You can also enable ACH payments directly on an invoice:
- Click Accept Online Payments on the right of the invoice.
- Select the checkbox beside ACH.
- Click Done. That’s it!
Here’s what it looks like in-app:
Why Should I Enable ACH Payments?
Here are a few great reasons:
- Only a 1% fee, lower than credit cards
- Get paid 2x faster than by check
- More flexibility and convenience for clients
- No setup fees, monthly fees, or minimum charges
Need Help With ACH Payments?
If you have any questions on how to get started with ACH payments, feel free to reach out here.
Read more about FreshBooks ACH.
This post was updated in May 2021.
about the author
Dave is a Senior Copywriter currently working for FreshBooks, serving all the amazing businesses using the platform. When he’s not writing, Dave can likely be found binging Netflix alongside his dog Indy.