Boost productivity and simplify collaboration by inviting your team to all work together on FreshBooks.
Whether you have a network of contractors or a team of employees, the more people you work with, the more difficult it becomes to keep everyone on the same page.
If you run a small media agency, for example, you might have remote employees or vendors in different time zones, all working on different projects. Now think about the effort it takes to communicate with each person, oversee every project, and manage everyone’s receipts at the end of the month. In short: It’s exhausting.
To help, FreshBooks allows you to invite Team Members to your account so that everyone can work seamlessly together in one place.
What Are Team Members?
When you invite someone into your FreshBooks account, you create a Team Member. Once someone is a Team Member, they can use FreshBooks to track time, log expenses, and work together with other Team Members.
How Do I Add My Team to FreshBooks?
Adding your team to FreshBooks is easy!
- Click the Invite button on the Dashboard.
- Select a Team Role.
- Fill in the email address and click Send Invitation. Your team member will receive an email with instructions to log in.
For more details on adding or removing a Team Member, check this link out.
Why Add My Team to FreshBooks?
Having your Team on FreshBooks helps you:
- Track projects by reviewing everyone’s time sheets
- Organize everyone’s expenses in a single place
- Collaborate efficiently without the need for other apps or email chains
- Grow your business by spending less time on project management
What Are The Different Team Member Roles?
As a business owner, you control what your team has access to, depending on what kind of role you give them. To view the various roles, and their permissions:
- Log into your account
- Click Invite in the top right corner
- Click See Permissions at the bottom of the list
You can then scroll through and get a breakdown of each role. Here’s what it looks like in-app:
Need Help Getting Your Team on FreshBooks?
If you have any questions about Teams, just contact our team of Support Rockstars!
This post was updated in May 2021.