What’s Improved on FreshBooks? Monthly Product Update, January 2018
January 24, 2018
Presto! Check out what’s been improved on FreshBooks in our monthly product update.
At FreshBooks, small business owners are our number one (that’s you!) With that in mind, we’re constantly finding ways to improve and innovate FreshBooks to suit your needs today, so you can thrive tomorrow.
Here’s what’s been improved this January, and a look back at updates from the end of 2017:
Updates to Existing Features (January 2018)
Switch Between 4+ Multiple Businesses
- Accounts that have 4 or more Businesses now see the Switch Businesses button under My Business. Clicking this will reveal the full list of Businesses to switch to.
New Features (November/December 2017)
- Now you can create Proposals, which are detailed Estimates with rich text content, images, customizable sections and more. It’s now easier to showcase the value you bring to prospective Clients.
- Chrome Timer Extension
- Tracking time is easier with an extension that lives in your Chrome browser. You can go across the web with the timer running in the background, and minimize or pop-out the timer. Quick start timer buttons have also been added to your favourite project management apps: Asana, Basecamp, Teamwork and Trello.
- Payment Schedules
- Getting multiple and partial payments on an Invoice is now easier with Payment Schedules. Create a plan of when each payment is due without having to create multiple Invoices or continually editing an existing Invoice.
Updates to Existing Features (November/December 2017)
- Editable Invoice/Estimate Numbers & Line Item Decimal Support on Android
- The FreshBooks Mobile App for Android now supports the ability to edit Invoice and Estimate numbers, as well as adding line items with rates up to 4 decimal places.
- Due Dates Remembered
- Due Dates settings are now automatically remembered from the last Invoice you created, including custom Due Dates.
- Expense Section Search Shows Grand Total
- When running a search for expenses inside the Expenses tab, a Grand Total is displayed at the bottom of the list so you can quickly see the total.
- Tax Numbers Fields
- When selecting a country for your Company Profile or for a Client’s profile, a Tax Number field will now appear if applicable to that country (e.g., VAT or ABN).
- Add Attachments to Proposals
- Now you can add supporting documentation to your Proposals by adding attachments like contracts, agreements, floor plans and more. This makes it easier to highlight your value to prospective Clients.
- Pause and Restart Recurring Templates
- With the click of a button, it’s now easy to pause a Recurring Template to stop generating Invoices, or restart a paused template