New apps and integrations enable self-employed professionals to automate more of their workflow to save time and make running a small business easier than ever before.
You already know and love FreshBooks for making invoicing, expense management, online payments, and tracking your time and projects a breeze. But did you know we have a large (and growing) extended family of apps and integrations designed to save you even more time?
Indeed, FreshBooks now offers more than 100 apps and integrations designed to make life easier for all kinds of business owners, at every single stage of business.
100+ Apps and Integrations to Improve Workflow and Efficiency
Recently added integrations work with FreshBooks to offer you even more tools and options for automating workflow and reducing administrative tasks. After all, FreshBooks is committed to helping you grow a healthy business inside and out — and that goes beyond the core tasks our own software performs and can support.
Here are some of our most popular eCommerce apps and integrations include:
- Square: Square creates tools that help sellers of all sizes start, run and grow their businesses. Square’s point-of-sale service offers tools for every part of running a business, from accepting credit cards and tracking inventory to real-time analytics. Square lets you automatically import all of the prior day’s transaction data from Square into FreshBooks – allocating any payments, refunds, fees, and sales tax. Square sellers who use FreshBooks can reconcile their Square transaction in one click, saving you time from manually entering individual sales.
- Squarespace: Squarespace is an easy-to-use solution for anyone looking to design a professional website, online store, or portfolio to help your business grow. Syncing with Squarespace means bringing all products (items), orders (invoices), and payments received into FreshBooks.
New integrations that can be added through Zapier include:
- AWeber: AWeber is an easy-to-use email marketing and automation tool that allows business owners and entrepreneurs to cultivate relationships with their customers and grow their businesses.
- Meetup: Meetup helps people with shared interests plan events and facilitates offline group meetings in various locations around the world
- Magento: Magento is the premier open source e-commerce app used by millions of customers each and every day.
- Podia: Podia is your all-in-one online storefront. Create and sell membership subscriptions, online courses, and digital downloads all in one place.
- Roger.ai: When integrated with FreshBooks, Roger.ai lets businesses automate tedious accounting tasks like expense approvals, vendor management, bill pay, and data entry.
- WordPress: WordPress integrates with FreshBooks allowing you to create a free website or blog. Choose from hundreds of customizable and mobile-ready designs and themes.
Tried and Trusted Apps and Integrations to Discover
If you’re just beginning to explore apps and integrations, some of the tried-and-trusted offerings for the modernized platform include:
…to name a few. They’re all chosen specifically because they complement the core product, providing small business owners the opportunity to save even more time and get paid faster.
Apps and Integrations Support the FreshBooks Mission
“Our mission at FreshBooks is to reshape the world to suit the needs of self-employed professionals and their teams,” said Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO. “Our platform is built for owners to help them grow their business faster, understand their books and business better, manage their team easier, and connect with customers vendors and the rest of their network in more meaningful ways.”
Other popular apps and integrations available with FreshBooks include:
- Connector tools such as Zapier
- CRM and marketing integrations such as Outlook and MailChimp
- Project management integrations such as Trello
Explore Web Applications and Integrations Streamline Routine Tasks
All these apps appear on our AppStore with search capabilities so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
“We spent a lot of time and money routine tasks like payroll, accounting, and invoicing for more than a decade,” said Richard Berman, owner, and founder of Oakland-based marketing agency Verb Factory. “We switched to FreshBooks for our accounting, integrated with Gusto for payroll and Bench for bookkeeping. All three web applications work together seamlessly and create real value by automating manual processes while saving significant time.”
Integrate Your Apps With FreshBooks
Are you a developer? Check out the FreshBooks API to see what’s possible or to create an integration. Our team is here to support your efforts while you’re integrating with FreshBooks. We’ll help you build the most robust tools and useful integration possible. Click here for API documentation.
This post was updated in February 2023