Trucking Invoice Template
You already spend all day on the road. Don’t spend too much time on invoicing. FreshBooks helps you get paid up to 2x faster with automated, fully customized invoicing.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
The Best Invoicing for Trucking
Stand out from your competitors with a better-looking invoice. Download the free trucking invoice template from FreshBooks to send custom, professional invoices for any kind of load.
Get Your Free Trucking Invoice Template
Whether your business transports food locally or ships goods across the country, it is important to invoice your clients with ease and in a timely manner.
The trucking invoice template from FreshBooks allows you to send detailed and professional invoices in a matter of minutes, without relying on an accountant or expensive tools.
Having access to trucking invoicing software is a game-changer that can save you time, money, and stress. There are multiple invoice formats for your different needs, from long-range transportation to specialized carrier invoicing. When you’re on the road, the last thing you want to have to do is come back home to a pile of paperwork. With FreshBooks, you can automate your invoicing and free up your time to focus on doing the things you love.
Simply download the free template, customize it for your clients and send. Start getting paid for your services in no time. Browse all invoice templates.
Available for download in .PDF, .XLS, .DOC, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
Download the Trucking Invoice Template
Invoice With Freshbooks
What Is a Trucking Invoice Used for?
With the free Microsoft Word invoice template from FreshBooks, you can quickly customize and save your invoices in the format that feels most comfortable for you. It’s easy to edit and will have you getting paid and back on the road in no time.
As a truck driver, tow truck operator or owner of a trucking company, you may be wondering what options are available for billing your clients. It’s important to get paid for your services, but typical accounting tools can be confusing, expensive or just don’t suit your needs.
With professional invoice trucking software from FreshBooks, you can invoice clients speedily and accurately. You don’t have to worry about making basic invoicing mistakes that might hold up your income or hold up your payments.
You could spend a lot of time and money on an accountant, or you could cut out the middleman by creating your own invoices for free. Design your own custom receipts and get paid your way, the right way.
With the FreshBooks free freight invoice template, creating and sending your own invoices is simple, free and customizable to your needs.
Start getting paid for your services the right way, no matter what services your trucking business provides.
We’ve created invoices to serve a whole host of small business needs. Check out our online invoice library for more. Trucking business invoicing is a crucial step to getting paid correctly, and shouldn’t be rushed or leaving you with more work than you started with.
A few reasons for using a trucking invoice include:
- Record important sales transactions
- Track client charges and payments
- Stay on top of payment due dates
- Make note of missed deadlines
- Keep track of debts
- Record essential details for tax time
- Detail services and charges
- Keep bookkeeping organized and streamlined
Tired of your business finances being a mess? You need an invoicing system that helps you keep things organized and ready for tax time. With FreshBooks invoicing software, you can keep your expense-tracking in check, so that you know how much revenue you are making and how much you should be charging.
A trucking invoice clearly lists the services that your company has provided, along with costs and descriptions for each. It clearly labels your invoice with your trucking company name at the top. It also lists total cost, payment details and more. Including all of this information avoids confusion between you and your client, which helps you to be paid on time. Freight invoices can be easily edited depending on your services and charges.
Efficient invoicing allows for fewer missed payments and hassle when it comes to doing your business taxes. That is surely worth a sigh of relief.
With resources like the FreshBooks transportation invoice template, it is possible to get the billing job done right from the very beginning. Sending trucking invoices should be the easiest stop on your road to getting paid, and with FreshBooks, it can be.
Creating your own professional invoice has never been simpler. Create and send your invoice today to get paid in no time.
How to Create a Trucking Invoice
To create a simple invoice for your trucking business, you should start by downloading a trucking invoice template. This carrier invoice will help you send the most important details of the freight service that you have provided. All you need to do is select the one that suits your needs best and download it in the format that you prefer.
Then, generate a unique invoice number to include so that you can easily track the invoice. It is important to include the services provided, cost of services, client name, client address, your business contact information, the terms of payment, issue date and payment due date.
Once your billing invoice template is fully filled out, double check your spelling and pricing information. Save your document, and then you are ready to send it off to your client!
- Download the free trucking invoice template
- Add your business name and contact information
- Insert business logo and branding
- Include client’s name or business and contact details
- Create and include a unique invoice number on the template
- Add the issue date and due date
- List services provided with precise descriptions and costs for each
- Calculate the total and add to the bottom of the invoice
- Include payment terms and additional information
- Send invoice directly to the client via FreshBooks, email or direct mail.
The FreshBooks trucking company invoice template is customizable, which allows you to add items and details to create an invoice that will be specifically tailored to the needs of you and your clients.
When your invoice is created to speak directly to your client, the billing and payment process becomes so simple. A confusion-free billing process will get you paid the right way, every time. The FreshBooks invoice delivery system is lighting-fast, ensuring a speedy turnaround. It also keeps track of invoice payments for you, so that your finances are kept up to date and you know if you have any outstanding debtor payments.
Invoice Types for Trucking Companies
As a trucking company operator or truck driver, your relationship with your clients is quite unique. In many cases, your client’s business may not be able to run without your services.
This relationship is important to recognize when choosing what type of invoice to use to bill your clients. Choosing the perfect invoice type makes a world of difference.
When creating a trucking invoice, you want to select an invoice type that fits the needs of you and your clients. There are several invoice types to choose from.
- Standard Invoice: The Standard Invoice is pretty straightforward. It lists how much the client owes the business that has provided its services
- Recurring Invoice: A Recurring Invoice is used to accept ongoing payments from clients. This type of invoice would be used to collect payments for a subscription or weekly services
- Prepayment Invoice: A Prepayment Invoice is used to collect a deposit or down payment for goods or services prior to collecting the final total
- Time-Based Invoice: A Time-Based Invoice is used to bill clients a specific amount of time that was tracked for performing work or services. This is also known as an “hourly invoice”
- Credit Invoice: A Credit Invoice is used to alert a client or customer of a credit placed on the client’s account in instances of refunds and rebates
- Debit Invoice: A Debit Invoice notes an increase in amount that the customer or client owes you and states the amount due
- Mixed Invoice: A mixed invoice lists the charges and credits made to a customer or client’s account
Download a Trucking Invoice Template for Free
FreshBooks has made creating and sending invoices quick and painless. It is time to get paid for your shipping services with no delay.
Your trucking business can bill your clients in a matter of minutes. This trucking invoice template makes it quick and easy. A professional bill invoice template is the smartest and fastest solution to getting paid today. With FreshBooks, your carrier invoices will be accurate, professional and hassle-free.
You can get paid today without the help of an accountant.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.