Hourly Invoice Template
Every hour counts. Get paid for your work 2x faster with FreshBooks invoicing for small businesses. Plus, get backed by friendly, award-winning support whenever you need it.
Join people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Hourly Invoice Template
You’ve put in the time and you’re ready to get paid for your hours of hard work, yet you’re left wondering how exactly to make that happen.
With the hourly invoice template from FreshBooks, you can invoice your clients the right way. Create clean and professional invoices that are detailed and made for small business owners like you who charge hourly for your valuable services.
Simply download the template below and you’ll be on your way to sending the perfect invoice.
Available for download in .DOC, .XLS, .PDF, Google Docs and Google Sheets. View the complete list.
Download an Hourly Invoice Template
Invoice with FreshBooks
Hourly Invoices for Small Businesses
As a small business owner who bills hourly, you may be wondering how to go about billing your clients and keeping all of your pending payments in check.
FreshBooks has good news for you. Using a free hourly invoice template helps to make this process quick and hassle-free.
Find out why business owners from the US to the UK are turning to invoice templates for their hourly billing needs.
- Keep track of hours you have put into projects
- Record important transaction information
- Organize client payments
- Prevent late or missed payments from clients
- Stay ahead of payment due dates
- Record important information for tax time
- Make note of outstanding debts and debtors
- Include descriptions of services and hourly rates
- Keep your bookkeeping fast and simple
An hourly invoice clearly lists the services, your hourly rate, the final cost, deadlines, due dates, payment information and more. Including all of these details ensures that your clients are equipped with all that they need to avoid missing payments.
You can rest assured that you are getting paid and you will skip the headaches at tax time. That’s certainly worth a sigh of relief.
With the free resources provided by FreshBooks, you can create your own hourly work invoice templates that are detailed and professional without relying on the help of an accountant.
Download and send an invoice today so you can start getting paid in no time.
How to Use an Hourly Invoice
To create a simple time-based invoice, you will first want to download an hourly invoice template.
It is very important to include a unique invoice number so that the invoice and payment are easily tracked. You should also include the services you have provided, your hourly rate, amount of time spent on the project, client name, client address, your business contact information, the terms of the invoice, date of issue and payment due date.
Here’s how to use a time-based invoice:
- Download a free hourly invoice template
- Include your business name and contact information
- Add business media and logo
- Include client’s name or business and contact information
- Create and insert unique invoice number in addition to invoice date and due date
- List services or products with descriptions and hourly rates for each
- Include time charged for each service
- Calculate the total and add to bottom of invoice
- Include payment terms and any additional information
- Send invoice to client via FreshBooks, email or direct mail.
FreshBooks understands and appreciates the individuality of each small business. With the customizable hourly invoice template, you can add the exact elements you would like in order to serve the needs of both your business and your clients.
It is very helpful to describe the services you are providing to your clients with clear records of hours spent performing each service. This way, the client can see exactly what has been charged to their account and how those numbers were calculated. Taking this step helps in avoiding confusion. You can even charge per project for freelance writing gigs.
In addition to details of charges, it is wise to include payment instructions for your client and the expected due date for the payment. This ensures that you get paid properly and in a timely fashion.
How to Fill Out an Hourly Invoice Template
As a small business owner, choosing the perfect invoice template for your business can make all the difference. If your business charges hourly, you may consider using an hourly service invoice template.
When you customize your hourly invoice template to create the perfect invoice, you must include a few items to adequately communicate exactly what your client owes. There are some essential elements that you should have on your hourly invoice to guarantee that your client pays all dues on time.
- Your business information: Be sure to include your business name, logo and contact information
- Invoice number: To track and file your invoice properly, it is very important to generate a unique invoice number for every single invoice that you create
- Client information: Include your client’s name or business in addition to a billing address
- Due date and payment terms: Add all terms of payment, including a due date and how the client is expected to submit the payment
- Services provided: List and detail all services that you have provided to the client. Just listing the names of the services may confuse your client, so include an adequate amount of information
- Hourly rate: Clearly state the rate that you charge per hour for each service
- Quantity purchased (in hours): Include how many hours were spent performing each listed service
- Total cost: Let your customers know exactly how much they owe to your business
Download a standard hourly invoice template from FreshBooks to start creating professional invoices today.
Download an Hourly Invoice Template for Free
Creating the perfect invoice doesn’t have to be confusing or time-consuming. Go ahead and try the free hourly invoice template to get started. As a small business owner or a freelancer, you can create professional invoices for your clients in less time.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.