Earn More for Your Insights
At FreshBooks, we know the power of a good recommendation—and we want to make it easy to earn money for yours. Monetize your content with minimal effort using trackable links from our trusted third-party affiliate network partner: ShareASale.
How it Works
FreshBooks Affiliate Commissions are set up so you earn the most for your best
leads. You get paid for every trial signup, as well as every upgrade to a paid plan.
Here’s the breakdown:
Get the Affiliate Advantage
Made for Small Business Owners Like You
Simple, beautiful, and super easy to use, FreshBooks helps small business owners get paid faster and save up to 200 hrs a year on paperwork. Your network will join over 30 million users who already love our solution.
Link it and Leave it
No special skills required. Post your FreshBooks affiliate link anywhere and start earning income, whether it’s a blog, article, social media account, forum, or in an email to your network.
- Article Ideas
- Social Media Tips and Strategies
- Email & Newsletter Ideas
- Performance Tracking and Insights
- + More
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re already an active affiliate with our network ShareASale, processing your application takes 1-2 business days. If you’re not currently an approved ShareASale affiliate, we won’t be able to see your application until they approve you. This process usually takes about 2-3 business days.
NOTE: if ShareASale doesn’t approve your application, we won’t see your application. If this is the case, you can appeal their decision via email@example.com.
Yes! We accept affiliates from most countries worldwide. However, there are some countries we can’t work with due to our affiliate network ShareASale being unable to serve them. Additionally, we are not accepting applications from India, Pakistan, Nigeria and several other countries at this time. If your application intersects with these restrictions, you will receive an auto-decline email.
Unfortunately, we don’t have another method for you to join our affiliate program if ShareASale doesn’t accept your application. However, you are welcome to check out our referral program or reseller program to see if they’re a better fit for you.
While we’d like to accept everyone into our program, at this time we are unable to partner with you if:
- Your site mainly shares coupons, offers cashback, or showcases consumer products. These promotional methods are against our terms and conditions.
- You don’t have original content on your site. Your articles need to be 100% unique and written by you or a member of your team. If your articles are copied, you won’t be approved, even if the articles are later removed.
- Your audience isn’t a good fit for our software. Your site should make it clear that you help service-based business owners, freelancers, and aspiring businesses with your content and services.
- Your website is coming soon or produces a security error message. To verify who you are and what your site is about, we can’t approve your application until your site is fully launched. Please re-apply or email us when you’re ready for us to take another look.
- Your main promotional methods involve email, social media, or paid ads. While these promotional methods are accepted, our most successful affiliates use content marketing as their main promotion method. At this time, we aren’t able to work with “ad only”, “social media only” or “email only” publishers, including those with squeeze page / single page websites. We need to see an active blog or content hub where you showcase content for our target audience.
*Exception: if you are a FreshBooks customer or accountant who wants to refer clients without a website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org when you apply and we can work with ShareASale to get you approved for our program only.
If the above doesn’t apply to you, or you still have questions about your application being denied, please reach out via email@example.com. Include your affiliate ID, website URL, and how you plan on promoting FreshBooks, and we’ll take a second look.
A valid lead is considered a free trial user who signs up on their own, is located in an eligible country, and provides complete and valid information. You’ll see both lead and sales commissions generated in real-time in your ShareASale report dashboard but FreshBooks has the right to void any leads or sales that are not valid within 35 days of them being generated. If a pattern of spam is established, FreshBooks reserves the right to terminate the affiliate relationship immediately and without warning.
Our trusted third-party affiliate network ShareASale makes affiliate commission payments super easy. As long as you earn a minimum of $50 in commissions across all your ShareASale affiliate programs, ShareASale will initiate the payment on the 20th of every month. Depending on the method of payment you select when signing up, you’ll see the funds in your account or mailbox within a week.
Keep in mind there is a locking period of 35 days for FreshBooks affiliate transactions. That means if you generate a $100 sale commission on June 1st, your commission locks for payment on July 5th and it will be included in your July 20th ShareASale payouts.
The FreshBooks affiliate program pays in USD. ShareASale also processes affiliate payments (for our program and all others) in USD.
If you are located outside of the United States, we recommend choosing direct deposit as your payment type under Payment Settings in ShareASale if it’s available in your country. That way, the USD payment will be converted to your country’s currency upon deposit. If you choose the check option as your payment type, keep in mind your mailed check may be subject to longer clearing times and/or fees when deposited at your bank.
We provide a variety of resources to help new and existing affiliates thrive with the FreshBooks affiliate program.
If you’re new to affiliate marketing, be sure to check out our guide: Diversify Your Income in 2020 with Affiliate Marketing
Upon approval into ShareASale, you will get access to the platform and find a variety of text links, banners, infographics, videos, and more to help you spread the word about FreshBooks. You’ll also receive a welcome email with a link to our Affiliate Promotion Guide, which details 13 ways you can promote FreshBooks.
No. Self referrals are strictly prohibited and will be disqualified from earnings. If a pattern of behaviour is established, FreshBooks will terminate the relationship.