The Best Invoicing for Translators
You got into this business to help people communicate over language barriers. Cut your invoicing time in half with simple, automated and flexible invoicing software from FreshBooks.
Join 30 million people who have used FreshBooks
Get Your Free Translation Invoice Template
Do you have a freelance translation business and need a simple, affordable solution to billing your clients?
With the help of the translation invoice template from FreshBooks, you can create the perfect invoice to bill your clients for your translation services in no time.
Simply download the free template, customize to your needs and send. That way, nothing gets lost in translation.
Available for download in .PDF, .XLS, .DOC, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Browse all invoice templates.
Download Translation Invoice Templates
Invoice With Freshbooks
What Is a Translation Invoice Used for?
As a translator or interpreter, you may be confused about how to bill your clients for your services. Lucky for you, FreshBooks has a free interpreter invoice template that can guide you in creating the perfect invoice in no time.
There are many reasons for using a translation invoice template. Find out how you can take your business invoicing to the next level.
- Record important financial information
- Stay on top of client payments and due dates
- Track all client transactions
- File important information for tax deadlines
- Record time spent performing interpretation services
- Avoid missed payments and record outstanding debts
- Describe translation services provided
- Simplify and organize your bookkeeping
- Keep tabs on your company’s earnings
A translation service invoice typically lists the services you provided, along with prices, descriptions and other relevant payment information. Including all of this information in your invoice ensures that your client understands all of the charges being made for your translation or interpretation services.
When your client is well informed and understands how to pay the balance, the payment process should be quite smooth. With a detailed and professional invoice, there should be no room for confusion or missed payments.
With the help of the FreshBooks invoice template for translation services, you avoid the headache of fussing with complicated software or tools. Save time and money by making invoicing an in-house job and start getting paid today.
How to Create a Translation Invoice
Whether you are interpreting a meeting or translating a book, you have likely spent hours and hours working hard to help your client. It is time to for you put the money in your pocket.
Creating an invoice and billing your clients is easy when you follow the translation invoice sample template.
Ready to create your own invoices in a matter of minutes?
- Download a free interpreter invoice template
- Add your business name and contact information
- Include your translation business media and logo
- Insert client’s name and business information
- Create and input a unique invoice number
- Add the invoice issue date and payment due date
- List interpreter or translator services provided with descriptions and costs for each
- Calculate the total cost and add to bottom of list of services
- Note terms of invoice and any additional payment information
- Send the translation invoice to your client via FreshBooks, direct mail or email
FreshBooks understands that the work you do is unique and the freelance interpreter invoice template was designed with that in mind.
First, download the translation invoice template from FreshBooks. Then, include detailed descriptions of your services provided and the prices, a total cost, your client’s name and contact information, your business contact information, the due date and additional payment information.
There is room for customization in the invoice template so that it can be used to best suit the needs of your business. That way, there is no confusion when it comes time for your clients to pay. They will have all of the information they need.
As long as you have your business and project details in mind, filling out the translator invoice template is a breeze. Create a unique invoice every time you have to bill a client and you will be sure to get paid for your services the right way.
Invoice Types for Translators
As a freelance translator or interpreter, finding the invoice that meets the needs of both you and your client is very important and can make a world of difference. No matter what project you are working on, a professional invoice will ensure that you get paid for your services correctly and on time.
There are a few different types of invoices to consider when creating the invoice for your translation or interpretation services. Find the invoice that works best for you and your clients.
- Standard Invoice: A Standard Invoice is plain and simple. It shows your clients exactly what they owe you for your translating services
- Recurring Invoice: A Recurring Invoice is used to accept ongoing payments from your clients. If you are doing regular work with a client, this type of invoice is a great option
- Prepayment Invoice: This type of invoice is used to collect a deposit prior to performing your services and prior to the collection of the final cost
- Time-Based Invoice: If you are interpreting for your client on an hourly basis, a Time-Based Invoice is a great way to bill for your services
- Credit Invoice: A Credit Invoice is used to notify a client of money that you owe back in the event of a refund or rebate
- Debit Invoice: A Debit Invoice notes an increase in the amount of money a client owes you. This could be used if your client paid up front then requested that your interpretation services were needed longer than expected
- Mixed Invoice: A mixed invoice lists a combination of charges and credits made to a client’s account with a total amount that is the sum of all account activity
Find out why translators in the US, UK and beyond are turning to the free translation invoice template for their business billing needs.
Download the translation service invoice template from FreshBooks to get started creating invoices now.
Download a Translation Invoice Template for Free
Getting paid for your translation services doesn’t have to be complicated. When you are creating your own invoices, you are in control.
Create an invoice with the help of the FreshBooks freelance translation invoice template. Skip the confusing software and get paid in no time.
Download the free template and make professional invoices in no time.
Upgrade Your Invoice Template with FreshBooks
Want More Helpful Articles About Running a Business?
Get more great content in your Inbox.