5 Best Asana Alternative for Project Management
If you’re looking for a project management system, you’re in the right place. These Asana alternatives will accelerate your productivity.
Asana is a fantastic project management tool. It has everything you need to streamline your workflow. But it doesn’t work for everyone! It could be the pricing or the interface that you aren’t enjoying. Whatever the reason, we have the perfect list of Asana alternatives for you.
Here’s What We’ll Cover:
1. ClickUp - Best for Detailed Projects
Price: Freemium. Pricing plans start from $9 per user per month
Integrations: Slack, Google Suite, Dropbox, Toggl and more
ClickUp is fast becoming one of the most popular project management systems out there. It has an online workplace ethos which makes the app very flexible to all kinds of work. It’s great for teams as you can allocate multiple assignees to one task. You can add tasks quite quickly to your to-do list. The only barrier is that ClickUp is so powerful, it can be difficult to set up at first. There are lots of features to get used to. If you have a project manager, they'll be able to decide the best templates and features you'll need for the business. If not, there may be a learning curve.
- Real-time project progress and goal tracking
- Advanced customization with project management templates
- Workload trackers for all members of the team
- Advanced email integration you can turn into project tasks
2. FreshBooks - Best All-in-One
Price: Included in all of our plans from $6 a month
Integrations: Shopify, Google Suite, Gusto, PayPal, Stripe and more
Our own project management tools are great for simple collaborative projects. It comes as part of all of our subscription plans. With FreshBooks, you get your accounting and invoicing software all in one place. Our project management tools were built to boost the productivity of your entire team. Collaboration with clients is simple with client portals. To find out more about our productivity tools, you can read more here.
- Integrated accounting and invoicing system with collaboration tools
- Private client portals for file sharing
- Handy mobile app to assign projects and tasks on the go
- Time tracking tools for easy client invoicing
- Affordable pricing
3. Trello - Best Free Asana Alternative
Price: Freemium. Pricing starts from $10 per month
Integrations: Slack, Github, Clockify, Google Suite and more
Trello is quite unique as a project management tool. For starters, it has a very complete basic plan which is completely free. Though there are premium plans, most won’t need to upgrade. Trello uses the Kanban method to organize your projects into boards. However, Trello is not great for complex projects.
- Wide range of integration options
- Customizable Kanban-style project management app
- Well designed for screens of any size
- Task creation is incredibly easy
4. Wrike - Best for Project Strategy
Price: Freemium. Pricing starts from $9.80 per user per month
Integrations: Slack, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox and more
Wrike is very popular with project managers because of its emphasis on project management strategy. Because of the Gantt charts and timelines, it’s a very powerful tool. The system is completely customizable which leads to some difficulty onboarding. It takes some time to learn the features that will work best for your workflow. But once you work it out, it’s a great system to streamline your task list and projects.
- Highly customizable dashboards
- Includes interactive Gantt charts and calendar views
- Visual proofing for feedback and approval
- Scalable for creative teams of all sizes
5. Monday.com - Best for Teams
Price: From $39 per month for 5 users
Integrations: Dropbox, Slack, Microsoft suite, Google suite and more
Monday.com is all geared around teamwork projects. This focus on productivity makes it ideal for remote teams. The task management tool allows team members to swap files with each other. Communication through the app is smooth and you can collaborate in real-time. The customizable project templates also make Monday.com relatively easy to get started straight away.
- Flexible workspace with personalized dashboard
- Plenty of workflow templates for each industry so it’s easy to get started
- Variety of task views including Gantt charts, KanBan boards and traditional to-do lists
- Emphasis on team communication with real-time teamwork chat
We are really spoiled for choice as small business owners when it comes to project management tools. Asana is no longer the only powerful tool on the market. Luckily many of these agile project management tools come with a 30-day free trial. The best way to decide the right system for you is to try!
For more productivity and software guides like this one, head to our resource hub!