Quickbooks Error Code 5 : What Is It And How Do You Fix It?
Are you trying to resolve a QuickBooks error code 5? Here we offer ways to identify the problems and to try to fix them.
Quickbooks Error 5 | Quickbooks Unexpected Error 5
What is it?
If you are receiving messages around QuickBooks error 5, the most likely causes are:
- Interruptions between the company file and the workstation due to network connection errors
- Damaged network data file or company data file.
- User does not have the needed permissions to access the company file in multi-user mode.
- Outdated and needing update QuickBooks desktop application
- Your PC does not shut down properly
- Malware or viruses are present in the PC
How do you fix it?
There are several fixes to this error code. Try these in order to ensure all options have been attempted:
Option 1: Recreate the User File
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the “Company” Tab and select Users, then continue to “Set Up User and Roles”
- Find the user experiencing errors in the User list and delete it.
- Then find the button to create a “New” account and enter in your username and password, set roles for the user and click on ok to finish creating a new user.
Option 2: Turn-Off User Account Control through Windows
Open Control Panel in Windows and search for “User Account”. Once selected click on “Change User Account Control Settings” and then on “Yes” and move the slider to “Never Notify”. Once done select OK and restart Windows.
If the issue has been resolved ensure the UAC on Windows has been turned on or Windows security features may not work properly.
Option 3: Reinstall QuickBooks
Press the Windows button and “r” to open the Run box and search for “appwiz.cpl” Locate and double click on QuickBooks to remove it and all of it’s features from your device. Next, return to the QuickBooks website to download their desktop application again. Make sure you are downloading the correct version of the application and then follow the prompts to completely reinstall the application.
Option 4: Provide File Share Access
- First give file share access for resolving the error.
- Open file explorer and right click on whatever folder where the company data file is saved and open properties and continue to the Sharing tab.
- Select full or partial sharing depending on what is required for your business.
- Click on Apply and OK.